SunwayLED

Thread: Does the intrinsic value...

Flashaholic*

Mpr Does the intrinsic value...

of your light(s) influence what you EDC? I now have a pretty cool collection of lights. Enough to stash lights in all my backpacks and torsopacks for grab and go without having to worry about having a backup light(s) or batteries-n-bulbs.

That being said I now don't worry about having my E2O, B42XRGT, and ARC AAA-S in my backpack at all times. Although it would suck royally if I lost them it would not be a devastaing loss.

I pretty much carry what ever tickles my fancy at that given day.

What say you?!

Default Re: Does the intrinsic value...

Quote Originally Posted by kelmo
    of your light(s) influence what you EDC? I now have a pretty cool collection of lights.
    I pretty much carry what ever tickles my fancy at that given day.
    I carry a light made by tvodrd - he only made 2 of those from what CY tells me. It's an inherently priceless light; not just because only two of those were made, but because it was a gift from Larry. If I lose or it it gets stolen I'll my guts out, but lights are made to be used.

I do rotate EDC's, though, but not because I'm afraid of losing or damaging any of them.

Default Re: Does the intrinsic value...

I, too, carry a gift tvodrd LarryLight CRII, (I know, he hates the name, but it is immediately recognizable by all here!) and I too, would feel terrible if I lost it!! When I was robbed in November, they took my EDC knife, cell phone and wallet, as well as a Mclux PD but thye missed the CRII light and it was one of the happiest discoveries I made, on top of the frustration.

I recently had the chance to see a Blackbird, and it is incredibly well made, but I was shocked at how much bigger that CR2 based light was than my CRII from Larry.

I carry a Surefire A2, a Milkyspit L1, and a 2x18650 powered P91 as well at all times.

Bill
    Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.
    Benjamin Franklin