The funkyest flashlight ever!!! haha!

bebe

Newly Enlightened
Hi

As I have told earlier (to the ones who read it :) I usually have the title "the flashlight man" at our offroad-camps. This year I had with me my new U2, which I by the way love!

but this year I lost my title

"I give you the Kawasaki Diamond"
DSC_1515.jpg

Take a look at this obscure lamp
DSC_1516.jpg

DSC_1508.jpg

What shall I bring to win next year??

Last edited:

Aaron1100us

Enlightened
Thats pretty crazy looking. Did you build that or buy it? have any pics of the front? Is it a spot light? Can you list specs? Thanks. Very interesting

bebe

Newly Enlightened
It's not mine :mad:

And I don't have any spec on it... :-(

donno if you can see it, but the exhaust is in the feets

genius

Last edited:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess that'll be great if you lack electric power, but have gas. I bet that thing will run for hours on one tank. It's a work light, right?

bebe

Newly Enlightened
Trashman said:
I guess that'll be great if you lack electric power, but have gas. I bet that thing will run for hours on one tank. It's a work light, right?

I think so, or somekind of rescue hardware. Since it has this option of taking the head off and add a longer kable it has to be a work or rescue thing.

ofcourse it could work like a camping equipment with the generator outside the tent :)

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kind of Rube-Goldbergesque to burn gas to generate electricity to light a bulb, when gasoline could be burned directly in a mantle in near-silence with higher efficiency. But then if it has a 12v or 110v power output I guess it could be useful for other stuff.

My suggestion for next year would be for a gas chainsaw with arc lamp.

bebe

Newly Enlightened
bfg9000 said:
My suggestion for next year would be for a gas chainsaw with arc lamp.

actually - after a few beers out there in the woods, we where at some sort of V8 - the problem is what lamp to use - a stadium light element?

:)

vector_joe

Newly Enlightened
Bebe,

I lightened up the pictures so you could see some more details.

Last edited:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am thinking of this setup to run very high output bulbs for hours, like the 14000 lumen spotlight someone made here. or the 1000w airplane reflector mod someone made.

How loud is it during operation? Interesting concept, maybe a few 12V sockets to power other stuff would be nice too. I'm going to investigate if this is light can be bought.

AlexGT

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far I haven't found anything in the internet about it, any model number, maker, or other information I could use to track who makes them?

bebe

Newly Enlightened
Manzerick said:
Where would you rank it in respect to lighting power?
I'm guessing like a auto headlight...but... who knows?

Maybe like an old cars headlight - with a new reflector and glass.

AlexGT
It says Kawasaki Diamond, and KT12 on the engine. which I found out is a engine used on lawnmovers and that kind of stuff... I found some spare parts only.

What do you think is between the engine and the lamp?
The light effect was propotional with the rpm - so some sort og dynamo/generator to 12V I guess - so it can use a standard car headlamp.

I want to build something that uses a lamp that has a very high output of effect, maybe a car xenon-light would be good...

B