Fathers Day Light

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to buy my Dad a Great light. He asked to be bright,small,and Runs on Common Batteries. I have about $100 to spend. Any Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

GrooveRite

Enlightened
My dad loved my Fenix L1P so I got him that. I asked if he'd like a twisty but said no. He likes clickies.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks i was leaning towards Fenix. Since i Got a L2T he wants one too. Or should i get him a P1? Just one battery.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Hehe.. if only my daughter or wife would want to buy me a new light for this occasion ;)

With $100, you can buy nice flashlights, throw an eye in B/S/T forum or order one L0P one L1P and one L2P :)

billgr

Newly Enlightened
yes cr123 is common....but at $5 a piece retail....thats too much. :-

yea, they're only $1 on the web....but most people dont even want to know about buying cells off the web.

fenix l1P.... or if he prefers the twisty, a civictor.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think a Fenix L1P or L1T would be perfect for Father's day, or any gift occaision, come to that.Especially for non flashaholics or even budding flashaholics.

I happen to know :whistle:, that my kids are giving me an ORB RAW 3W for my Father's day!! But that's only because I'm a loony Flashaholic and not like normal Dads!!

Role on June 18th!!!!!! I hope it's a dark day!!!

Be lucky...

AA89GTA

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I would go with one of the Fenix lights. If he insists on having common batteries, then go for the L1T. Or, since your budget is $100, you could do as was suggested earlier and go for the P1 and 20-40 batteries. That should last him a long time. Anyway, I don't know if anyone mentioned this but 4Sevens of Fenixstore.com has a Father's Day discount going through the 19th of June. I just discovered this myself and bought 3 P1's. Happy shopping!

--AaronA

Last edited:

ibcj

Enlightened
My 2 & 3 year olds are insiting on buying me a Ti PD. Glad they have nice taste. :)

ibcj

Enlightened
skalomax said:
Great. I think im going to go with L1T. 2 levels bright and awesome. THanks for the help guys.

I think for the parameters you gave, you made the right decision. I hope that your dad is happy with his L1T.

javafool

Enlightened
The L1T is an excellent choice and you may want to give dad a pack or two of lithium batteries to power it??? I am 59 (no idea how old your father is) and have WAY too many flashlights to be considered practical. It probably would not be delivered in time, but I still always carry my Arc AAA-P. I use a lot of other flashlights but I always have my Arc AAA and use it almost every day to light up something.

Terry

nightrider

Enlightened
Fenix L1T is a great choice since it meets your requirements of small, bright and uses common AA battery. I'm giving my dad one for FD this year. Maybe throw in 4 AA NiMH 2500mah batteries and a charger if you want to spend a little more.

rgc

Newly Enlightened
Well, with fifty bucks you could get a Peak Pacific AAA and an extra AA body. Brass for that traditional touch or HA III. Then again, for $100 you could get him the Pacific AAA, the 2x AAA body, the AA body, a Pelican case with foam to hold it all in and a couple lithium AA and AAA bateries. The Pacific is getting around 12 hours of flat regulation on a lithium AA battery. Wonderful light.