Need help modifying PC case with LED's

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Need help modifying PC case with LED\'s

I'm going to do some serious PC case modifying and could use some expertise. My PC case is a Directron Dragon DA01SLD full-tower ATX case. Here is a link to what it looks like http://store.yahoo.com/directron/da01sld.html. On both the side panels there are 425 little holes, and I thought it would look cool to put blue LED's in each of those holes. Probably have to hot glue them in, but each hole is about 2 cm in diameter, so I might be better off using a 3mm LED instead of a 5mm. I have heard that I could hook up a string of 3 LED's and a 68 ohm resistor. How would I go about wiring all this up? I am not very good with things like resisters and would like to use a 12v power supply. Am I able to use one resister for more than 3 LED's? Any suggestions as to where I could buy 1000 blue LED's in bulk for the most reasonable price and any wiring diagrams would be very useful and greatly appreciated.

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
Re: Need help modifying PC case with LED\'s

I would say that the holes are there for good reason...for ventilation!
There was somebody on this forum who had an e-bay site selling blue LED's.
1000 LED's, that would create a heck of a light, your computer will become a very powerful lamp!

Unabomber

Newly Enlightened

Do a lot of research before you mod/purchase. Though this is the CPF, there are quite a few ignorant people with regard to the voltages used in cases, cooling requirements, etc. Spend some time searching for "case mods" on your favorite search engine and seek help from those sources. Here is a computer with a LED mod and a coffee pot mod!!
shocked.gif

My attempt at case modding. Caution, high bling, bling factor.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I must be seriously out of touch... I actually had to go look up "bling bling" to find out what the heck it meant. Never heard that one before. :p