Lambda, can you give us an update?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You've posted so many great mods, yet only a few have been made available to select recipients.
I realize it is completely your prerogative on what you do with these mods, but do you have any plans to make any of these products widely available to the public? Have you considered quitting your job that is posted in your signature and doing more mods or specifically marketing the mods in a more mass quantity? Your talent's are very unique and I hope that more of us will get to benefit from them.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
geepondy,

I can apreciate your frustration in wanting a mod, but it's just a hobbie. I can't just quit my job (though I can always dream..) and make as much churning out flashlights. Besides, for the most part, I like my job and the people I work with.

So, besides the full time job, life always seems to find a way to steal "spare time".

For instance, tonight, my son had an accident. He's reported to be ok; mom's fetching him from the hospital. I just got finished retreving the car; rear door caved in, window gone, possible frame damage from side impact. There goes another 100 hours to give him rides, deal with car repairs, insurance claims, blah, blah, blah.

I do what I can to make the mods, but I really do have limited spare time.

Saaby

Flashaholic
lambda what type of car? Make model and year please...I'm as big (bigger) a car freak as I am flashlight so that's like you saying that you ruined a light tonight and then not saying which one
wink.gif

My brother just bought a 2000 Taurus.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
It 'was' a very nice little 1993 Dodge Colt; the pisser is he only paid $1100.00 for it, and it's like new (well, used to be). Oh well, the important thing is he's alright, it wasn't his fault, there were witnesses. But still, was a nice dark charchol car, super gas mileage, everything an 18 year old needed to get to work.

DonL

Enlightened
A `93 Colt? One of those fun little buggers with the Twin-Stick trans?

Those are a riot to drive using all the gears like a big rig, but annoys the heck out of those in the car and behind you.
grin.gif

Hope all works out for your son. An accident can be a sobering learning experience. Cars can be fixed or replaced, not so those inside.
frown.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Originally posted by DonL:
An accident can be a sobering learning experience. Cars can be fixed or replaced, not so those inside.
frown.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So true so true...so you ready for this? My brother has totalled 2 cars--both white. Taurus he just bought, white!
shocked.gif

He seems to think he'll be fine as long as he doesn't let me drive it. Wonder where he got that idea
tongue.gif

lambda it's a shame you can't quit your job just to make us lights but it's ok we understand!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad your son's OK, that's the most important thing. Regarding your mods, perhaps a major LED company could mass market some of them or at least incorporate some of the better points, mainly the regulator circuitry into their designs. Have you ever been in discussion with any of them? I'm thinking companies like ARC, CMG, Eternalight, etc. I'm just waiting for the perfect LS light with a pushbutton switch (that doesn't cost $160 unless it's a nice new 5 watt Luxeon). I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait, sigh. I'm sure eventually my wants will be rewarded.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Originally posted by geepondy:
I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait, sigh. I'm sure eventually my wants will be rewarded.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It's easier to be patient when you have little money
grin.gif

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
No news from Future-Active is the norm, my past experiance with them leaves me constantly puzzeled and occasionally frustrated. I am awaiting as well for the 20 5 watters I ordered. I have been working on a project to mount these in a compact form on the frame under the front dust cover of 1st and 2nd generation (non accesory rail) Glock pistols and utilizing the backstrap cavity as a battery storage area.