• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

More Beamshots HD45 27LT U2

Dogliness

Enlightened
Beamshots from left to right, all shot on highest flashlight level with fresh or fully charged batteries; camera on manual with identical settings; flashlight about 35 feet from the target: (i) McLux V HD45 XXIT 2xCR123a; (ii) McLux III 27LT 2xRCR123a; and (iii) Surefire U2 2xCR123a. The photos are a little underexposed, so the real life appearance was brighter, but the photos should accurately represent the relative brightness of each light.

HD45s.jpg
27LTs.jpg
U2s.jpg

This is another set of shots in the same order as above but slightly closer to the target.
HD45.jpg
27LT.jpg
U2.jpg

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
This HD45 looks like areal performer there ... :D ... does it actually measure higher lux readings than the 27LT or are my eyes tricking me? 'Cause that would be a real surprise there !
bernie

Dogliness

Enlightened
I did not measure the lux, but I think it is visually obvious that the HD45 X bin is brighter than the 27LT. The U2 appears to have the widest beam of the three.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's my observation as well.

HD45 XX1T outthrows the 27LT (by a small margin) which outhrows the U2 (by a bigger margin).

Keep in mind, though that the 27LT outthrows the HD45 WW0T.

In terms of output, the order goes HD45 XX1T, U2 then 27LT.

Nice shots!!! :thumbsup:

WP

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be great if we can get a comparison shot with an Aleph 3 setup. I have an Aleph3/6P which outthrows my entire LED-based collection of lights by quite a margin.

WP