Super bright bouncer light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Alrighty folks, here goes. I'm work as an electronic engineering technologist for a company making fluorescence equipment (www.pti-nj.com). I am also a bouncer. I need an EXTREMELY BRIGHT LED light for my job. The more rugged the better but brightness is of the utmost importance. If another bouncer doesn't see me instantly; I might be hurt pretty badly. Any advice or info? Thanks.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Then there's only one option for you...a Luxeon Star LED. Can you tell us more about the application though? Hate to say it but you might be better of with something incandesent.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also was wondering why you stated a LED. they are not known for long throws of light.

papasan

Enlightened
if you want to be _seen_ and not to _see_ (as far at least) LEDs are a much better option, IMHO. look at the new LED stop lights, they can be seen much more clearly than their incandecent counterparts.

i would go with a colored LED, perhaps turquois like the stop lights, and probably the new tactical X5 with the tailcap switch.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a light with a red/orange Luxeon Star? (if color rendition isn't important). If used primarily for "attention getting" with actual illumination secondary, it might be a great choice.

There would be no mistaking who was shining that beam at you because the color is almost unique, and it is the brightest single LED acttually in distribution right now.

It can also be used as a non injuring weapon too;
it can be blinding if shined directly in the eyes, although vision would recover almost immediately because it is (sort of) monochromatic.

Shine it in the eyes of an unruly drunk and he isn't going to be able to see well enough to throw a punch at you.

Too bad ARC only made a few of their LSs with R/O and they got snapped up really quickly.

I did a R/O mod of an Coleman 2AA aluminum light that is compact enough to be convenient to carry, but sturdy enough to use as a yawara-bo if you need to hit a nerve point.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey, thanks for the help. Well, in a dark bar with lots of flashing lights, boncers stand on posts about 75 feet apart. When there's a problem, you signal to each other with a flashlight so you can get to each other and fix the problem so someone doesn't get hurt. I want it very bright so there won't be a mix up with glow sticks and other lights.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Saaby:
Then there's only one option for you...a Luxeon Star LED. Can you tell us more about the application though? Hate to say it but you might be better of with something incandesent.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">As far as LED's go, Sabby is correct.

However, why a LED? Incandents offer the piercing, extended range, spotlight, that you want. Ever been pulled over by a LEO? Know what those light look like in back of you? That's what you want!

Looks like you want a Brinkmann Legend LX, or a Princeton Tec Surge, on the low end, or a Surefire M3 or a M4 or a M6 on the high end.

These are all relatively small, and bright.

Middle ground would be a rechargable Streamlight, the SL-20x or the LS-35x, or even the UltraStinger. All are favorites of Police. Nice power of a club in your hand, also!

OHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Another option would be the ASP triad or other ASP lights, all 2 cell lithium, with an ASP baton mounted on the other end.

Have you ever seen an ASP Baton? Powerful stuff. Notice that LEO's don't carry "night sticks" anymore? They use the colapasable batons!

All these lights have the piercing, attention getting power, that you are looking for.

The Streamlights offer "club" type build also, and the ASP flashlight/baton combo, well, let's just say that you probably won't be needing to call for help after you extend that baton! BTY, it is a one flick motion, and the baton is extended.

Have fun, and if you see me in line, let me into the VIP section for free!
grin.gif
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.