New AA Mod option * PICS added!!!

Catdaddy

Enlightened
I was in Walmart today and picked up a new Aluminum AA light by Garrity. It has a neat finger grip rubber insert! It is sold under the Ozark Trail label for $7.98 with holster. It has a click tail cap and a refreshingly new shape that I prefer over the mini Mag. I will post pictures in a few minutes.

I just wish I knew how to modify this light to take an LED.

Catdaddy

Enlightened
Here are the pictures. Notice the brass lamp base compared to the plastic on the Mini Mag.

....help me guys. How do I get the images off my desktop and onto the post?

Saaby

Flashaholic
YOu have to have a place to host them. Tripod or Geocities won't work...if your ISP gives you webspace that'll probably work.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Here are the pics Catdaddy sent, looks very nice indeed:

R.JPG

I especially like the finger-grooved rubber grip...

moraino

Enlightened
Originally posted by Catdaddy:
I was in Walmart today and picked up a new Aluminum AA light by Garrity. It has a neat finger grip rubber insert! It is sold under the Ozark Trail label for $7.98 with holster. It has a click tail cap and a refreshingly new shape that I prefer over the mini Mag. I will post pictures in a few minutes.

I just wish I knew how to modify this light to take an LED.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ooooo, it looks delicious. Could you open it up and take some close pictures so we can tell whether it can be modified?

has anybody else seen them in Walmart?

Henry

Catdaddy

Enlightened
One thing I do not like about this light, that maybe an easy modification, is the action on the tail cap. It makes contact and come on on the release (out) part of the click. This makes it impossible to do momentary "on" and also leaves me with a less-than-confident feeling when I press the cap. I don't know if I am making myself clear.??

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it !! Too bad my local Walmart doesn't have them..yet
frown.gif

moraino

Enlightened
Originally posted by Xenon:
Hi

OK, I have hosted your pics on one page for easier viewing. 5 pics total. Great lights!

www.luminous.us/john/page_01.htm
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The beam looks nice and much brighter than MAG AA. That tells me the alkline aren't gonna last long.
I thinkk the LS should be able to mount on the brass lip. I've got to find this light. Has any one else has seen the light?

Henry

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
My local Wal*Mart just got them in at the 7.98 price. The packaging labling will be noticed if you look for the words "Ozark Trail" (prominent) as opposed to the "Garrity" (diminutive) labeling. I almost missed this one since our Wallyworld seems to have an "ocean" of flashlights lately, and if you look for the Garrity label, it can be easily missed. This one is indeed a gem at the sub $10 price range. Blows the doors off of mag as far as brightness with stock bulb is concerned.

e-

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried Lithium batteries? My local China-Mart has them... I looked at one briefly, but put it down because of lack of anything special looking - but those beam shots sure make it look special!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Are the threads on the tail caps the same for the mag and Ozark Trail? From the photos, the tail caps look the same but the mag barrel looks to be a smaller OD than the Garrity?