• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired QIII body extensions

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

Hello All,

I have 13 QIII body extensions to be used with 2 x 123a or single 17670 battery. Body extensions are nickel plated. This batch I consider factory second. Being factory second, the appearance of inside thread is slightly rough from the machining (see 2nd pic). However, I have tested on QIII body without any problems. All body extensions will have slightly darker grease on the threads as a result of test fitting on to QIII body. I regressed inside and outside threads with Neogel 759G to ease any complication during installation. This is all I have and I'll not produce any more.

If you don't mind what inside thread looks like, I would like to let it go for $12.00 each. PP credit please add 4%. Shipped to any where in the world by regular airmail. I'll not be responsible to lost mail.

PP only please to nongvol1(at)asianet.co.th Please put down CPF id so I know who you are.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Maro

Newly Enlightened
:paypal: I'll take it.
Today I got D size Heatsink from you.
And I give you an order again.
Thanks,

Last edited:

Tritium

Enlightened
NotEnoughLight said:
Would you be able to bore it slightly to enable the use of 18650s? If it is possible, I would like 2 of them.

Ooh Ooh that would be nice.

Thurmond

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maro, Nell, Tritium, Taiji - PP received. Shipping on Wednesday. Thanks.

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
NotEnoughLight said:
Would you be able to bore it slightly to enable the use of 18650s? If it is possible, I would like 2 of them.

Nope can't do. Not only boring out body extension, you also need to bored out QIII body to fit 18650 battery. At the current form, thread thickness is about 1.5mm, which need to be bored at least 1.2mm for 18650 to fit properly (bore diameter depending on battery's brand) which will leaves you approximately 0.3mm or less of thickness on the thread. This is almost paper thin once dropped threads will break. IMHO its not worth the risk :)

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Randy Shackleford said:
can the QIII regulator handle 2 x 123a or do you have to replace it?

what about 2x RCR123's?

I don't think regulator nor LED could handle that high voltage. IMHO it is DD to LED the above batteries combination will definately smoked it. Most likely application for body extension is to use Downboy converter and and run it with 2x123A or 2xR123A of your choice, or run it with single 17670 for longer run time.

Weylan

Enlightened
I am looking to use 3 AA cells. Any ideas of using the extension to get it so that you can get 3 AA cells?

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Weylan said:
I am looking to use 3 AA cells. Any ideas of using the extension to get it so that you can get 3 AA cells?

I'm not sure by attaching two extensions together would work or not. I'll let you know when I get home tonight. However, due to diameter differences between AA and 123A batteries, you definately need some sort of spacer to prevent rattling; rolled up thick paper should work.

Maro

Newly Enlightened
I got mine today.
My protected 17670 from Emilion, it was very tight.
I turned and set it.
Anyhow it's very nice.

I am interested also the head that containing 27mm reflector of Q-III.
Please PM me, if you have.
Thanks.

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maro said:
I got mine today.
My protected 17670 from Emilion, it was very tight.
I turned and set it.
Anyhow it's very nice.
Thanks for pointing this out. I just tested with protected 17670, and yes it is a little tight but it will go in. No problem with unprotected 17670.

Maro said:
I am interested also the head that containing 27mm reflector of Q-III.
Please PM me, if you have.
Thanks.
I don't have it yet, I'll let you know when it become available.

dirobesh

Enlightened
Received it today - only took 5 days!

Don't understand why it's classed as a second - looks perfect and fits like a glove. Excellent bit of kit. :goodjob: