Best replacement bulb for a 2AA Maglite?

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

The bulb in my maglite has now broken. Is it worth getting a different bulb for this or would it not make a difference to the brightness?

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brinkmann Nexstar Xenon bulb - no question about this decision - 50 to 100 % brighter, whiter, same price, 450ma drain vs OEM bulb 300ma. Look this topic up on the forum - can´t do wrong here.

Klaus

Starlight

Enlightened
Nexstar bulb is avialable directly from Brinkmann. $4.97 for 2 bulbs and that includes shipping.

Lantern Jack O.

Enlightened
Originally posted by sbsdenm1:
The bulb in my maglite has now broken. Is it worth getting a different bulb for this or would it not make a difference to the brightness?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">dat2zip's MADMAX or BADBOY LS/O sandwich comes to mind. I'm waiting on a MADMAX right now. You can find details in his post on B/S/T.

joker354

Newly Enlightened
sbsdenm1,

I think I might have an extra one laying around somewhere. Email me your shiping info and I'll see if I can get it out to you.

Eric.

kz1000s1

Enlightened
I've had very good results from the Radio Shack krypton bulb (# 272-1150 $2.49US) also. Twice as bright as the original with alkaline batteries, and even brighter with Energizer lithium batteries, so far with no problems after 4-5 hours constant brightness. Radio Shack states they don't ship outside the U.S., but then they give this info: "International: If you are interested in contacting someone about any order for international delivery, contact RadioShack International."

And this person to contact:
[email protected]