Orb Raw NS - keychain attachment?

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, just got my Orb Raw NS (thanks Si!) - it is great, can't believe how small it is, and how bright. And the fit and finish is awesome...

Just wondering - how are the rest of you out there keychaining your NS?

thanks!

lightrod

Enlightened
mcmc said:
Wow, just got my Orb Raw NS (thanks Si!) - it is great, can't believe how small it is, and how bright. And the fit and finish is awesome...

Just wondering - how are the rest of you out there keychaining your NS?

thanks!

I've tried a couple things. Berkeley Point has some nice clips such as this nano clip. Use with a small split ring which can also be purchased there (no bigger than their size 4 however - those openings in the Ns are SMALL!). Also you can get other lanyard materials there...
http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/hardware/nanoclip.html

Since I like to be able to set mine on end I have ended up with a light nylon cord threaded through both of the tail openings - and use as a wrist lanyard. Again the challenge here is to get the cord through the small openings.

The openings could use another bit of space - don't want to complain because this is truly a small wonder and a great job of manufacturing - but even another 0.010" or 0.020" would make things quite a bit easier to attach things I think.

Ging

Newly Enlightened
lightrod said:
Again the challenge here is to get the cord through the small openings.
I have some 2mm climber accessory cord threaded in the end of the my Raw, I justs fits :)

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the helpful advice - I decided to use a wrist lanyard for now, to prevent scratching...

For those who do keep it on your keychain, how much thrashing has the Raw NS taken? i.e. does it get pretty scratched up while on edc duty w/ your keys?