L2P rechargeable 123 Query

dirobesh

Enlightened
Just received the cr123 battery tube for my fenix L2P from Fenix-Store. Beautifully designed and a perfect fit.

I tried it with my rechargeable 123 lithiums and it is much brighter than when using primaries.

I know about the risks of using unprotected batteries in it (my protected ones are too fat to fit) but will it actually damage the luxeon?

Has anyone tried this for an extended run time and what was the outcome?

Cheers.

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would also like to know if this can damage the electronics being 3.6v's...

frisco

Enlightened
I've been useing RCR2 un-protected cells on my LP2's since the tubes first came out in nekomane's first CR2 run. Also been useing RCR123's since they first came out.

No problems at all. I figure it may have a shorter life but the additional brightness is well worth it to me. Half life will still be way more than I'll ever use it.

frisco

dirobesh

Enlightened
I've been useing RCR2 un-protected cells on my LP2's since the tubes first came out in nekomane's first CR2 run. Also been useing RCR123's since they first came out.

No problems at all. I figure it may have a shorter life but the additional brightness is well worth it to me. Half life will still be way more than I'll ever use it.

frisco

That's great to hear, many thanks for the info.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
My JSBurly's RCR123's were the only ones that fit. I have 2 different bare cells and none of those would fit. Unfortunately the JSBurly's cells arent available anymore.

Fenix%20L2P%20(sample%203)%20-%20various%20CR2%20and%20CR123.png

The JSB cell actually runs about 12 minutes longer in the L2P than it does in the P1, but the brightness is also significantly less. As far as damaging the circuit, I can't tell you for sure if it will but I personally wouldn't risk it.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one with a mp label that fits ,its snug(width)but fits,i forgot where i got it.maybe lighthound?I believe its un protected.

Last edited:

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
I check JSB's store and it doesn't like any more Protected 123 cells...

I have the AW's but it's fatter. It'd be nice to get some free lumens with protecton. Especially after reading all those stories with exploding cells a little protection is better than nothing.

Latest posts