95mw Surefire Defender

andyz

Newly Enlightened
Its been a while since I,ve played around with Lasers but Because I am working on a Mod for a friend I thought I would share a couple of pictures.

Its a 95mw Green Laser Module from a Wicked Laser fitted to a Surefire Defender Body

95laz.jpg

95laz2.jpg

pixar

Newly Enlightened
Nice! We need someone to import high power / high efficiency CNI's / leadlights and swap the cases and sell em :)

N8YWF

Newly Enlightened
That looks very nice. If I ever was to do a mod. I'd put a greenie inside of a Star Trek Klingon or Romulan disruptor replica. It has been done before with a <5mw red inside a TNG Phaser.

Does my idea make me sound like a big time treky nerd or what? :laughing:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow great job. Can you fill us in on how you did it? Did you make the case positive?

Mac

abeepak1

Newly Enlightened
Wow! One good thinking goin on there, keep up with the good work and ideas!! I was wondering though....How long did it take you to do that? was it hard? what was the main problems? and how did you come up with the idea? By the way, you dont really have to answer those silly questions unless you feel that you want to.
popcorn.gif

andyz

Newly Enlightened
Apart from some machining its not really hard, the Wicked Module is a great match and lenght wise the E2 Surefire body with only one battery is perfect. I have done it with other Laser modules but extra machining was needed. What you end up with is a very robust Laser with heaps of Heat Sink :)

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
Any ideas how much one of these (or similar) would set me back? I am interested!!
marc

andyz

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the comments guys :)

I don't mind making them up but I'm going away for a couple of months and pushed for time just now, when I get back I will be well rested and back on my work bench again so I will be happy to do a couple of mods.

Andrew

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
I hope you have a nice break, and i will be in touch when you get back. Take it easy,
marc

PhantomZ

Enlightened
i would love to have one of those, but what would one cost and would 95mw be able to light a match or something on fire..?

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW. That's just beautiful, I love the E2D. I'd buy one if they were ever produced.

Athoul

Enlightened
That is really really nice! You have done a very professional job and it looks great! The body you chose to use is perfect. :)

/Someone asked if a 95mW would light matches. Yep it will light them ;)

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
I put a 40mw AAA module in an E2e a while ago, in the spot of the first 123A cell. It was waterproof too with the E2e lens. It was great.

Although this 95mw E2d sure does beat it!