1/3 or 1/4 AAA NiMH or NiCD batteries

chefgrill

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for 1/3 or even better 1/4 AAA rechargeables. i've seen a battery pack which had 1/4 in it, and i've found 1/3's but 3 of them were longer than one normal AAA and that will not fit my light.

any idea where to get something like that?

ps: i plan tu build a mag solitaire with a 1 watt luxeon and direct drive from these batteries.

chefgrill

Newly Enlightened
because i don't have a charger for li-ion, and i think NiXX is easier to handle (li-ion is easier to undercharge if it's not protected)

i don't want to spend too much money on this little project. the 1 watt luxeon is lying arrount anyway, same to the solitaire.. so the cells, and a good idea on building a switch, some time and it'l be well done...

vector_joe

Newly Enlightened
LED_ASAP said:
Why not using a single Li-Ion for that? It will have 3 times the energy (i.e. runtime or brightness) in the same volume.

Do they even make AAA li-ions? I know that I didn't see them in the regular AW thread or on Lighthounds website. They would be perfect for solitaire mods (especially if protected).

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have some of each I would be willing to part with. I used them is a dorcy 1W mod. The 1/3 are actually about 1/2 the size of a AAA, and the 1/4 is actually 1/3 the size of a AAA. The 1/4's are Nicad and the 1/3's are NiMh. I used 2x of the 1/3AAA and the dorcy boose circuit (old style) and a LUX I running at about 250mA.
Let me know.

Jeff

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will check this weekend in what parcel post would be. I will also check what batteries I have when I get home. Hopefully the shipping wont be too much, otherwise it may be better to keep looking localy.
Jeff

VWTim

Enlightened
For international shipping I use the Global Priority flat rate envelops a lot. 12 Engergizer AA's to Switzerland for ~$6.

chefgrill

Newly Enlightened
TrueBlue sent me 2 PR2-SMJLED with "United States Postal Service" it came by airmail, and there's a stamp on it which says $0.97

Don't know if he really paid that little, because if he had sent it within switzerland it would have cost nearly the same (about $0.70)