Battery Junction - Olight

Thread: my bday gift

Default my bday gift

June 10th was my 30th bday. When I opened my gifts, I found out my mom had got me an X5UVT! It's really cool and we already did the money check and other fun stuff.

Default Re: my bday gift

Belated Happy Birthday youngin. Cool mom! Did you find any counterfeit bills? What other fun stuff? I've been curious about the various uses that one could make of a UV light.
    Last edited by Big Bob; 06-14-2006 at 07:59 AM.

Sweet!! So was all your Birthday Money you recieved Legit? I Keed!!
    Anyways, HAPPY BELATED BIRFDAY!!...Your Right Behind Me..I Turn 31 on the 23rd

Tactical Flashights -- Personal Flashlights -- Compact HID Searchlights

Flashaholic*

Even thoough you said you turned 30. You still come through as a 10 year old on Christmas morning. Nice present, and she really knows you for the flashoholic that you are.

Man I wish I got cool gifts.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by tebore
    Even thoough you said you turned 30. You still come through as a 10 year old on Christmas morning. Nice present, and she really knows you for the flashoholic that you are.

Man I wish I got cool gifts.
    Yeah, I'll be turning 27 on the June 21st and I got myself a present: the new Nintendo DS Lite! I think I'm perpetually 12 at heart. While not being a "light" exactly, the DS Lite is MUCH brighter than its predecessor and looks absolutely stunning.

Congrats on the 30th bday and the Inova X5 UV. Carefull with the UV though- don't want to damage those "aging" eyes .

Flashaholic*

Sick2 Re: my bday gift

Happy Birthday Fellow Photon Fiend!!!

You can now see just how disgusting hotel comforters are.

Tell your Mom my birthday is in October. LOL

Happy B'day LEDMaster. Nice gift you hv there. Looks like there is a lot of b'day in this month.
    47 Preon Ti. ITP A3 SS, Zebralight SC51 Neutral, Fenix LD25, E11, HL30 & PD32UE, Gerber IU, Jetbeam PC10, Nitecore SRT 5 & EA4, Thrunite Archer 2A, Sunwayman V11R & D40A, Ayup MTB Light.

Happy B-day!!

Jeff
    Time to upgrade the dinosaurs, one at a time.

Flashaholic*

Grinser2 Re: my bday gift

Quote Originally Posted by Solstice
    Yeah, I'll be turning 27 on the June 21st and I got myself a present: the new Nintendo DS Lite! I think I'm perpetually 12 at heart. While not being a "light" exactly, the DS Lite is MUCH brighter than its predecessor and looks absolutely stunning.

Congrats on the 30th bday and the Inova X5 UV. Carefull with the UV though- don't want to damage those "aging" eyes .
    I think everyone on this forum is still 10-14 years old at heart. Only big kids play with superduper crazy bright lights

now thats not true cuz i really am 14 and i have a perfect u2 thats really bright i also have many othe bright torches

Happy B-Day.

You can use the light to check for traces of cosmolene, the tarry gunk they dip military surplus firearms and things in to see that it is gone and you can detect refinished/touched up nitrocellulouse lacquer on vintage guitars and furniture. New Nitro over old will show up vibrantly under the light.

You might also be able to do some photography if the light is bright enough. Long exposures and tripods a must however.

Get some yellow-orange goggles and play CSI with your UV light and a Stinger.
    My doctor says I am a paranoid narcissist. I have the feeling I am plotting against myself.
    Rule #9: Always carry a knife. Rule #9a: Always carry a flashlight.

Flashaholic*

Happy Birthday LEDmaster!!

Nice gift, funny, I just took mine out last nite, cuz my daughter has a cut on her foot, and left little bloodstains all over the white carpet. The UV makes them easier to find, they look black under the light.

And a two for one! A week ago there was a wet spot on the carpet at the top of the stairs, didn't know where it came from. Well, as I looked for the blood at the top of the stairs, there's a big yellow stain under UV right where the wet spot was! I guess her diaper leaked there.

daloosh

bigbob, my favorite thing to show kids is vaseline marbles under UV light, very cool!

Thanks for all of the B-day wishes. Yes, I have been having fun with it, also have been looking at the topics posted here about UV lights. My mom's teeth looked pretty scary, since she had caps on some of her teeth, and looked a ghoulish green.

Flashaholic*

Careful not to burn your retinas with the thing, tho! Especially around children, since all they want to do is look into the pretty purple light....

daloosh