my bday gift

LEDMaster2003

Newly Enlightened
June 10th was my 30th bday. When I opened my gifts, I found out my mom had got me an X5UVT! It's really cool and we already did the money check and other fun stuff.

Big Bob

Newly Enlightened
Belated Happy Birthday youngin. Cool mom! Did you find any counterfeit bills? What other fun stuff? I've been curious about the various uses that one could make of a UV light.

Last edited:

Jamrock

Newly Enlightened
Sweet!! So was all your Birthday Money you recieved Legit?
rotflmmfao.gif
I Keed!!
Anyways, HAPPY BELATED BIRFDAY!!...Your Right Behind Me..I Turn 31 on the 23rd:naughty:

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even thoough you said you turned 30. You still come through as a 10 year old on Christmas morning. Nice present, and she really knows you for the flashoholic that you are.

Man I wish I got cool gifts.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
tebore said:
Even thoough you said you turned 30. You still come through as a 10 year old on Christmas morning. Nice present, and she really knows you for the flashoholic that you are.

Man I wish I got cool gifts.

Yeah, I'll be turning 27 on the June 21st and I got myself a present: the new Nintendo DS Lite! I think I'm perpetually 12 at heart. While not being a "light" exactly, the DS Lite is MUCH brighter than its predecessor and looks absolutely stunning.

Congrats on the 30th bday and the Inova X5 UV. Carefull with the UV though- don't want to damage those "aging" eyes ;).

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy Birthday Fellow Photon Fiend!!!

You can now see just how disgusting hotel comforters are.

Tell your Mom my birthday is in October. LOL

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Solstice said:
Yeah, I'll be turning 27 on the June 21st and I got myself a present: the new Nintendo DS Lite! I think I'm perpetually 12 at heart. While not being a "light" exactly, the DS Lite is MUCH brighter than its predecessor and looks absolutely stunning.

Congrats on the 30th bday and the Inova X5 UV. Carefull with the UV though- don't want to damage those "aging" eyes ;).

I think everyone on this forum is still 10-14 years old at heart. Only big kids play with superduper crazy bright lights :grin2:

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy B-Day.

You can use the light to check for traces of cosmolene, the tarry gunk they dip military surplus firearms and things in to see that it is gone and you can detect refinished/touched up nitrocellulouse lacquer on vintage guitars and furniture. New Nitro over old will show up vibrantly under the light.

You might also be able to do some photography if the light is bright enough. Long exposures and tripods a must however.

Get some yellow-orange goggles and play CSI with your UV light and a Stinger. :cool:

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Happy Birthday LEDmaster!!

Nice gift, funny, I just took mine out last nite, cuz my daughter has a cut on her foot, and left little bloodstains all over the white carpet. The UV makes them easier to find, they look black under the light.

And a two for one! A week ago there was a wet spot on the carpet at the top of the stairs, didn't know where it came from. Well, as I looked for the blood at the top of the stairs, there's a big yellow stain under UV right where the wet spot was! I guess her diaper leaked there.

daloosh

bigbob, my favorite thing to show kids is vaseline marbles under UV light, very cool!

LEDMaster2003

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all of the B-day wishes. Yes, I have been having fun with it, also have been looking at the topics posted here about UV lights. My mom's teeth looked pretty scary, since she had caps on some of her teeth, and looked a ghoulish green.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Careful not to burn your retinas with the thing, tho! Especially around children, since all they want to do is look into the pretty purple light....

daloosh