• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Q3 & TM-301X-3 clicky(tactical) switches

Shaocaholica

Enlightened
Does the Q3 Tactical(normal clicky) switch fit the TM-301X-3? If not, are there any tactical switch options for the TM-301X-3. I don't care about 2 stage.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tailcaps are a direct swap. I swap mine from time to time.

Last edited:

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Warren might have an extra he could add to the order you placed with him earlier this week. Worth a shot anyway.

savumaki

Enlightened
LumenHound said:
Warren might have an extra he could add to the order you placed with him earlier this week. Worth a shot anyway.

Well, that takes care of him; any other switches out there???????:candle:

Karl

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
I just ordered a bunch of the two-stage switches for these lights with on1-on2-off operation from Digi-Key. Milkyspit has posted a thread on modding your tailswitch to make it two-stage and also to make it tail stand (if desired). Here is the link: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/83416 I will be selling them in this forum starting some time next week.

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
mudman cj said:
I just ordered a bunch of the two-stage switches for these lights with on1-on2-off operation from Digi-Key. Milkyspit has posted a thread on modding your tailswitch to make it two-stage and also to make it tail stand (if desired). Here is the link: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/83416 I will be selling them in this forum starting some time next week.

Searching at Digi-Key for switches with dial up is a nightmare. :awman:

What are the switches you found rated to?

Ken

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try looking for DigiKey part # 529PB-ND. The specs given state that it's rated for only 300 milliohms but I ran 1.5 amps through one for 24 hours and it didn't heat up one bit. I've got a year and more than 1000 on-off cycles on that switch now and it's performing flawlessly in my direct-drive Q3.

Peruse through this Inside a Q3 switch (a lot of photos) thread from 13 months ago for more info.

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
LumenHound, Thank you very much. I will be watching next week for your thread. :rock:

Shaocaholica, Thank you for starting this thread. :thumbsup:

Ken

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
I now have a supply of the reverse clicky hi-low-off switches for the Q3 & TM-301X-3. I also have some very small (0.126" long, 0.075" wide) resistors rated to 0.5 W with values of 10.7, 22.1, and 30.1 Ohms with 1% variation. I can also provide Teflon-insulated wire in guages of 20, 22, 24, 26 and 28.

Prices are $5 for one switch or $8 for two, $1 per resistor and $1 for 10 feet of wire (your choice of gauge). Please add $1 for shipping to the US or $3 for international. Send paypal credit card payments to cjmonzyk[at]yahoo.com and add $1 to cover paypal fees. Send paypal cash to cjmonzykcash[at]yahoo.com.

Last edited:

Shaocaholica

Enlightened
Can you mod a switch to be normal clicky with momentary (tactical) without any stages. Im using a fluPIC so I don't need any multi level stuff in the switch.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Goldserve has posted that the reverse clickie is best for use with his FLuPIC board. It seems the standard tactical clickie can cause some problems with the switching logic of the FLuPIC.
Goldserve stocks the reverse ckickie for this reason.

mosport

Enlightened
Just looked up DigiKey part # 529PB-ND with off-lo-off-hi-repeat sequence and the ones mudmancj sells are off-hi-lo-repeat style.

Nice find mudmancj!

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am selling Digikey part #542PB-ND. This is a new product offering for them. I too am slightly saddened that they are not momentary on (normal clicky) since I am not using a FLuPIC and I prefer the momentary on operation, but these are my favorite two stage switches I have yet located for this application.