Your favorite bookstore?

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's your favorite bookstore?

My last few visits to Borders has been disappointing, they don't seem to stock what I'm looking for. :(

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like Borders, they have about the best selection around, at least in my area. What type of book or magazine are you looking for that they dont seem to stock? You might have to go to a specialty store, or Borders will order anything for you.

cyberhobo

Enlightened
Books a Million was mine until they folded in my area. I guess not to many people read these days.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far Barnes & Noble has satisfied my reading addiction. I have gone in to order a book only to have them request for me to wait a minute and have returned with the publication I wanted to order

CLHC

Flashaholic
Wow. I didn't think there's book stores around anymore. (Jus jokin') Last one I been to was Native Books—

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
My fav place for books are antique malls. You just have to find ones with books stalls specifically.

Sturluson

Enlightened
Elliott Bay Book Company, Seattle, is a terrific bookstore and my current favorite. Light years of difference between this privately-owned store and the average Borders or B&N. Huge selection, properly organized, and a very educated and helpful staff.

Unfortunately, it's in Seattle and I'm in Kansas City...:ohgeez:

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
I haven't honestly bought a print book in a couple years... I have 5000 + fiction books on my PC... most of them I buy online from places. Mostly Science Fiction... Baen.com has tons as well as a free library with tons of books from GREAT authors.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I visit Borders mostly for entertainment and occasionally, coffee. Otherwise I borrow my books from libraries and buy them at library book sales.