Homemade battery adapter question

Rayne

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know how to make a simple, sturdy 6AA to 2D adapter that is also reusable and uses common materials? I tried, but gave up and ended up just using electrical tape, 2 twist ties, 1 paper clip and a 3/4" plastic insulator bushing (6AA alkalines too) to make a ugly thing to see what that kpr-112 bulb would look like. It makes my 3D Magnum Star look dim. :)

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not re-usable but I've done it with aluminum foil and electrical tape on Alkalines while waiting for my ModaMag 6AA - 2D adapters to arrive. I also tried to make one with coat hangars and plastic spacers. Royal PITA if you ask me.

HIs adapters are truely works of art. Spend the money and get the best.

Rayne

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply. I actually do want a Modamag 6AA to 2D adapter but in his sell thread it's not available (not at Sandwich Shoppe either).

Rayne

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the additional suggestions. A battery pack would be simple, probably not a good idea for someone like me who hasn't soldered before...probably make the batteries go :poof:

carbine15, where did you get those plastic spacers from, or does anyone know where to get the boards Modamag uses?

I did end up making one I think will be reusable. I cut up a Taco Bell cup so I had a bunch of plastic strips, used electrical tape, some 16 gauge wire and peeled apart a D battery for the top and bottom plates. It just fit into the 2D Mag and lights up a slightly dimmer than the 6 alkalines (using NiMH).