• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

It finally happened..... I dropped my Ti McLux onto pavement :(

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I dropped my Ti McLux on to pavement, a good 4 foot drop. :awman: I EDC this light just about every day. I set it on a X-Ray cassette and forgot about it, moved the cassette and it fell. The light landed hard, but I dont see any scratches, still looks good. It was bound to happen, I feel good since it didnt do any damage. I dont believe in safe queeens or shelf queens, so dont be afraid to carry this light, it handles a fall pretty well!

Tritium

Enlightened
PoliceScannerMan said:
I dropped my Ti McLux on to pavement, a good 4 foot drop. :awman: I EDC this light just about every day. I set it on a X-Ray cassette and forgot about it, moved the cassette and it fell. The light landed hard, but I dont see any scratches, still looks good. It was bound to happen, I feel good since it didnt do any damage. I dont believe in safe queeens or shelf queens, so dont be afraid to carry this light, it handles a fall pretty well!

You should NOT carry a light that has been dropped. Send it to me, I will give it a good home with padded floors. :lolsign:

Thurmond

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good story. We all know the likely true scenario was your Finance winging it across the room in a fit of rage when you wouldn't let her have one more Target splurge for the new house :lolsign:

Joking aside, sorry dude, ever heard of a lanyard?

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to hear PSM! I'm like you I don't believe in shelf queens either.

Regentag

Banned
Are you SURE there was no damage? I bet if you examined the edges wita 10X loupe you could find some horrible gashes.

I would unload it immediately. Of course, it's damaged goods now, so I couldn't offer much.

Cheers,

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah even stainless steel would hold up very well. Titanium I bet is super duper great for EDC wear!!!

evanlocc

Enlightened
OldGreyGuy said:
I was wondering if the pavement suffered much damaged. :)

ohgeez.gif
Oh! * who damage my pavement!

Geogecko

Enlightened
I also dropped mine a while back from about 4 feet (set it on my truck bed, on the top of one of the sides, and knocked it off) also. It was just after I put the Ti bezel on it. It was hard to tell which end hit first, but I believe it was probably the bezel. The only thing that happened, was one or two small places about the size of a needle head, had the HA flaked off, on the bottom of the light. You can't even really notice it, unless you are looking very closely at it.

I EDC mine every day, and use it several times a week. It's funny sometimes to hear people talk about it upon seeing it for the first time. I can't remember the phrase I heard once, but someone called it some kind of James Bond, 007, HID headlight looking thing. It does have an interesting tint to it, and with the sapphire crystal and reflector that Don used, it had a certain sparkle to it.

These things are cool little lights. I was carrying my JIL CR2 with FluPIC mod for a while, but eventually reverted back to the PD...not sure why, I just like it.

PhantomZ

Enlightened
my drop wasnt as bad as the pavement. not sure how it landed though as i saw it falling out of my hand, but didnt really care to catch it since i knew no damage would affect the light (that and i wanted to see how tough it was for an accidental drop), so down it goes onto the hardwood floor and my gf's jaw dropped seeing it, but i shrugged it off after picking it back up.
my friend saw the light on my belt during camp on the weekend and said it looked liked the Stanley Cup.

Fringe

Enlightened
Stanley Cup, that is a great one. I knew it looked like something I could not put my finger on.