ArmyTek
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Ultimate Laser Buyer's Guide: Handhelds & Pointers

Buttrock Re: The Ultimate Laser Buyer's Guide: Handhelds & Pointers

You hould put the core on too, since you got the leadlight...
    Great Guide by the way
    Jonno
    It's here and it's cool!! even thought it mode hops
    Gathering parts for DVD Laser!

Default Re: The Ultimate Laser Buyer's Guide: Handhelds & Pointers

Hey Bert, I think we're ready for another update.

BTW, where the heck have you been? Pick any locks lately?

Did I ever mention that I blame you for my becoming a locksmith?
    he who would give up essential liberty, to purchase temporary safety, deserves neither liberty nor safety. ★ b. franklin

Excellent guide! I agree, an update would be awesome!

I think a guide about what all the technical terms mean would be nice too. Kind of like a laser dictionary?

HAHA it does still exist.. Its been a while.. if anyone wants to take over and update this regularly since I cannot, feel free.

Noticed mention of the core. I recently received a free core from WL in exchange for helping with the website.
    While I cannot give power measurements, I can say that other users have reported rock steady output at ~4mW. The transverse mode is a steady TEM00.
    It is also IR filtered and has optical feedback regulation. I have also used it with 2xAAA "Duraloops." I have not measured runtimes.
    Has square threads, which I found to be a surprising touch. Nice and smooth. The body is brass, so I guess the black coating is paint. It feels really smooth, hard to grip. No features like a clip to help you there.
    The button is a little tough to push, i.e. it is close to flush with the body and offers more physical resistance to being pushed than other momentary switches. This can be a plus or a minus, depending on how you use it.

edit: rule 6 still confuses me, so I'll make this clear: I received this for free as payment for work. They were not expecting a review, and I was not offering one in exchange for a free laser. I don't work for WL, but I guess that is kind of like, freelance work? It was this offer where you email in bugs you find in the website and they fix the bugs and send you a free gift for your trouble. So yeah, I don't think this was a special review unit, but just so you know how I came to be in possession of this pointer, there ya go!
    Last edited by bshanahan14rulz; 03-02-2012 at 08:50 AM.

In fact. I would like to share more videos. They are so wonderful!

Any more updates?

Alot of great information in this guide, thank you. Anyone know of a great place to buy a good quality laser. I have purchased a few lasers and most of them come out of China. I have purchased from all price ranges and they all seem to be junk. I shouldn't say money is no object but I am willing to pay for a good quality laser that will last for year rather than 1 - 2 months.

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you.