8AX or 6P with KR2 conversion?

Size15's

Flashaholic
The 6P and the 6R (6P+A14&B65) both use the P60 Lamp Assembly so the beams will be the same although the B65 battery stick is not as powerful as the pair of SF123A batteries so the brilliance will last as long.

The 8AX/8NX use the B90 battery stick which is altogether more powerful (and larger as a result). It's beam is larger and wider than the P60.

I would go for the 8AX/8NX over the 6R (6P with rechargeable kit)

Al

NAW

Enlightened
May I suggest another option? Howz about you get a c3 or a 9p?

Then...

1) get 2 pila 150s and charger

2) Get a p91 bulb. Or you can stick with the p90.

This is the option that I'm considering. Basically you get either 1 hour of 105 lumens. Or 20 minutes of 200 lumens. And its rechargeable also.

boostmiser

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info.
Does the 9P have the same beam pattern as the 6P? I love that 6p pattern.
I know the 6P coversion looses some lumens, so brighter but rechargeable is a better option. So if the 9P has the same pattern (or very close), I'm all for it.

NAW

Enlightened
boostmiser said:
Thanks for the info.
Does the 9P have the same beam pattern as the 6P? I love that 6p pattern.

I'm sure the beam pattern is the same. But not all lamp assemblys are the same. I remember playing with a surefire 9p and 6p in a store. The p90 bulb puts out a oval-looking beam but the p91 puts out a more roundish looking beam.

*EDIT* I just noticed you have a 6p. So if you what you can get a 1 cell adaptor from lighthound.com ( it allows you to use 1 more battery in your 6p).

*Another EDIT* You can also just get 2 R123 and a p90 bulb to use in your 6p. You can still use the stock 6p.

Last edited:

boostmiser

Newly Enlightened
The 6P I have is GMG so the black extender would look stupid. I'd just buy another in black. The round vs. oval is all right, providing spill is about the same. See, my Strion is too tight. The A2 is too wide and the 6P seems about perfect. The p90 with r123's might work. Let me read up.