So run off to the emergency room while an acid or base is eating away at your skin, and stand there for 2.5 hours filling out insurance paperwork, and waiting in line for them to take care of that auto accident victom, while the acid continues to do its job :-)
wouldnt it be just a bit better to Identify the substance and immediataly nutralise it?
What battery is it, is the damaging substance a acid or a base, is the substance oil based, solvent based, or water based, or what will it wash off with , as oiley acids cant be nutralised without a detergant of sorts.
If you Know what your dealing with , nutralising and removing it from your skin, would be simple with various kitchen components. if you dont know what your dealing with, how are some of these dorkey doctors going to know?
SOO, how about a List of the possible exposures, and items that would nutralise and reduce the damage on exposure.
i have been exposed to many internal products of batteries, without issue, and one time when i didnt KNOW i had the dead skin of my fingers completly eaten off.
one time i blew LYE water out all over my face and into my eyes, a few minutes of sheer pannic later, not a mark on me.
We all got and probably deal with the one that we probably know the most about. the Car Lead acid battery.
Nutralise with Bicarbinate of soda, and if you aint got that, baking soda has some in it. because Soda is a common kitchen component, and it also can work to extinguish a small fire, having it isnt a problem.
Car Battery splash = Hose yourself down quickly, smear soda water mix on yourself, rince rince . solution. in eyes flush flush flush with water.
The time i got eaten up by car battery acid, i was topping off hundreds of batteries water in transportation, and the tips of my fingers fell apart, before i realised how much exposure to the acid over days i was getting.
When kids we blew up a car battery and reacted immediatally with soda, after the initial pannic of finding a nutralising agent and using it, there was no problem. and a bunch of other exposures, that were 0 problem because we knew what the substance was.
If you know how to react to exposure to things, THEN going to the doc while your skin falls off, might be less of a problem.
So list the items of possible exposure, and the immediate solution.
a list , a simple list would also indicate how to clean up a item that you want to try and recover, like when a alkaline messes up your products.