Cool laser on ebay. Legit?

Athoul

Enlightened
That's interesting, I've never seen this particular model? If it is legit that a very good price for a 50mW laser. Problem is I find on ebay things rated 30/50mW etc are usually about half in actuality. Maybe someone can get one and test it on a meter?

dr_lava

Enlightened
hah. I like how he rated it at an output of >60 and <55 mW. That IS pretty amazing.

bootleg2go

Enlightened
He has a note on the listing defining the < and > symbols and if you notice and read the listing carefully, all they are promising is a laser with output of less than 50mW...I bet it more like 5 mW....

Jack

msnyder

Newly Enlightened
Athoul said:
That's interesting, I've never seen this particular model? If it is legit that a very good price for a 50mW laser. Problem is I find on ebay things rated 30/50mW etc are usually about half in actuality. Maybe someone can get one and test it on a meter?

Plus -- it runs on *one* CR2? How long can that last?
Given the typical efficiency of green DPSS crystals, it
must be pulling 400-500 mW for the IR pump diode.

dr_lava

Enlightened
bootleg2go said:
He has a note on the listing defining the < and > symbols and if you notice and read the listing carefully, all they are promising is a laser with output of less than 50mW...I bet it more like 5 mW....
Jack

He has edited the listing to add those and remove the >60 <50 ratings. Someone must have told him, or he in on these forums.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
i also posted about this (see closed thread) and was wondering if there legit....

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just purchased one of the lasers - for CPF sakes of course. :)

I'll check it for visible stability & power output, and I have all those CR2 cells I bought for my blue laser, so keeping it fed will not be a problem.

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Craig,
Have you gotten the laser yet? I'm really curious as to whether it will stand up to your rigorous testing.

Athoul

Enlightened
Hey great to hear, I like how compact it is but am worried that it's operation time might be on the short side with only one battery. Though I guess it can't be as short as the green keychain laser! ;)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
TigerhawkT3 said:
Hey Craig,
Have you gotten the laser yet? I'm really curious as to whether it will stand up to your rigorous testing.
I haven't received the laser yet, but I'll post in this thread the moment I do receive it and begin my evaluation of it immediately after if at all possible. :)

Dj_sTyLz808

Newly Enlightened
I have one of those novop**** laser which also run on 1 cr123 battery and I would say it lasts longer then my 40mW wit 2 lithium batterys.So I wouldnt worry about battery life.=)

Athoul said:
Hey great to hear, I like how compact it is but am worried that it's operation time might be on the short side with only one battery. Though I guess it can't be as short as the green keychain laser! ;)

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
The_LED_Museum said:
I just purchased one of the lasers - for CPF sakes of course. :)

I'll check it for visible stability & power output, and I have all those CR2 cells I bought for my blue laser, so keeping it fed will not be a problem.

you rock!

Athoul

Enlightened
Isn't the novophone 5mW though? As such it would have less current draw then a 50mW laser(unless we have some superjuice crystals in that 50mW!).

Anyway it actually shouldn't be too bad, considering a cr123A battery has around 1300mah, you should get at least an hour or so out of it.