Siamese Twin LGI--Double your pleasure

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have posted how much I like my two LGI's Mr. Bulk was kind enought to build for me.

The Brinkmann 3AA is long enough to stick out of my pants pocket, though, whereas my Badboy Legend 2AA and 500 mA ARC LSS don't.

Charlie, himself, talks about care in shipping and handling so "the skinny little stick" doesn't bend or break.

Well, the Romans knew what to do with sticks to make them physically stronger and more powerful -- they invented the fasces.

I used a C-clamp to hold the bodies of both LGI's as parallel as possible with the bezel rubbers touching. I then built a yoke connecting the exposed aluminum parts of the body together by squeezing and hand-shaping QuikAluminum epoxy putty between the flashlights. So far it seems that I won't need to reinforce the bond with hose clamps, etc.

The resulting 2-headed double barrelled LGI is shorter and thinner than an Energizer DB4AA. It's very comfortable to hold and thin enough to fit just as comfortably in my pocket as a single LGI. The end caps are far enough apart to allow easy removal, battery replacement, and operation of one or two lights at a time.

Now, if I had a THIRD LGI... It wouldn't fit as comfortably in my pocket, but the LGI Triceratops wouldn't be much bigger around than a Dorcy Boss 4AA.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roy:

I'll try. I'm photographically challeged. The question of the moment is whether to leave the somewhat uneven yoke the aluminum color of QuikAluminum or to paint it black to match the flashlights.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Cool idea -- attach wings and you'd have a P-38 too! I also like the Triceratops idea, but perhaps glue a triangular plate on the endcaps to creat one big clickie switch? (of course, you'd have to find a third LGI too...)

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Charlie:

It would be an interesting challenge to change batteries with the triangular plate on the endcaps you propose.

Any idea where I might find a third LGI?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Oh, I meant with, er, with velcro, yeah, that's it, velcro, heh heh...

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hay Clark I was just rereading your title -- what a perverse inference if you just omitted "LGI"...it'd be a great shingle to hang above a Bangkok brothel.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Charlie:

I'm not going to touch that other than to ask you to recall the old Wrigleys Spearment commercials that displayed twins with the jiongle "Double your pleasure, double your fun with Wrigleys spearmint double mint gum.".

BTW. I see I mispoke myself earlier. I used QuikCopper, not QuikAluminum. I had wanted to use QuikAluminum but was inspired after Home Depot closed. Thus, I used what I had.

I'll still try to post a picture later.

I really do like this light when the smallest EDC size isn't required.