Buddy got E2D, is new E2e the same?

jtodd939

Newly Enlightened
I've got an E2e from 2003. It's got turn for constant on and witness marked push on tailcap. A buddy of mine just got an E2D. The E2d has no witness marks and a push on, click on tailcap. Unlike my E2e, to work the E2D you screw the tail in all the way (which results in no light or anything unlike my 2003 E2e) and then can push on or click on. For lock out, you turn counter clockwise out a little. Is this how all the new tailcap models work, or is this design (with no witness marks) specific to the E2D? Are the current E2e setup to work like this where one screws them in all the way for push activation?

NickR

Newly Enlightened
I'm trying to decide whether to buy an E2e or an E2D for my everyday carry light. Which one do you recommend jtodd? I'd also like to get an SC1 or an SC3 but don't know which. I'm not going to carry spare bulbs, I just want battery holder.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the new E series light I have seen and handled come with click on/off type buttons (Z57 for HA nat lights.)

E2e and E2D are essentially the same set-up. A head, body, tailcap, and MN03 bulb. The E2D is different because it can be used as a impact weapon due to the crenulations in the head and tailcap. The E2D also only comes in HA black. The E2e can be had in HA nat, black, or type II black, or satin grey/gun metal.

For me size matters when I EDC something so when I have my range bag with G2Z, I keep 4 cells in 2 of those APS containers in the left holster pouch on my Maxpedition Thermite, and the G2Z in the other pouch/holster. I always have my CR2 Ion on my keychain as a back-up in case my lamp blows.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
What would be sweet would be an E2e with the tailcap of the E2d.

Can the E2D tailcap be purchased?

Curtis