SureFire KL1 head adapter.

WS6mro

Newly Enlightened
With all the talk about the new KL1 head and what flashlights fit it, I thought I'd show everyone another body holder option. This started when I was about to make a 2AA holder that would take the place of my E2e's. After thinking, one of the main reasons I bought my E2e was for EDC personal protection. And since the new KL1 head would probably not be bright enough to blind an attacker for a few seconds, I would be using this head more for utility use. For that reason it would likely spend most of its life running on 2AA or 3AA rechargeables. So after some more thought, instead of making a 2AA or 3AA holder and buying another tail cap switch, it would be cheaper for me to just go out and buy a Brinkmann Legend 2AA($8 @Wal-Mart) or 3AA that has a tail switch already. Then I could just make an adapter for the KL1 head to screw on the Legend. Now I can have my E2e always ready for carry and my KL1/Legend for utility use. Plus I can always use the Legend head for other Luxeon mod's and just switch back and forth.

The pictures show the Aluminum adapter with O-ring and spacer needed to run a E series or KL1 head on a Brinkmann Legend. As of now I have my E2e head on one running a E1 15 lumen bulb. I guess this will do until I receive my KL1 that's on order.

If this is something of interest to others, especially people that are interested in the KL1 head and don't own a SureFire E series light let me know. Please feel free to Email me or post here with any questions.
smile.gif

Matt

fd345842.jpg

fd345841.jpg

fd345840.jpg

fd34583f.jpg

Darell

Flashaholic
That is fantastic, Matt. Powering the KL1 with three 1.5V cells would be a great use of resources. Price has already been asked, so I'll go with the spacer question: Why is a spacer needed? Couldn't the adapter be shortened up by 1/4" so that the spacer is not needed?

I'm a big fan of bead-blasting, so you have me sold on the finish already!

Here's a thought to consider: If the shoulder behind the head-sealing O-ring were turned down to be slightly below the outer O-ring diameter, your adapter would work with an Arc head as well. The threads are identical. For the Arc head to work, a shim would be required, however.

Is this really your first post? You'll do well here, my friend!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Cool!!

Do you have a taper attachment on your lathe or use the compound slide? (he asks with envy :) )

Welcome!

- Don

Darell

Flashaholic
Originally posted by McGizmo:
Do you have a taper attachment on your lathe or use the compound slide? (he asks with envy :) )
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey Don - you guys wanna get a room?

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should we start with the bad lathe jokes now?

A lathe walks into a bar and asks for a drink.

Bartender says, Hang on buddy, wait for your turn..

Saaby

Flashaholic
Oh I thought it was A lathe walks into a bar and it makes a big hollow sound. The lathe rubs it's head and decides to watch where it's going next time.

What?! You said bad lathe jokes did you not?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hey,
Have you noticed Matt hasn't come back? Think it's the sick lathe jokes? Hmmm? Are you feeling naughty and bad now? And to think you had an officer of the law going along with you.........

Shame on all of you. Where's Sasha and her whip?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Saaby:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by MR Bulk:
And I'll guard the inside of the closet...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">With a flashlight right?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah but I'd leave it off, otherwise...how could I watch?

Deviant

Enlightened
um... i guess the adapter is plastic, is it possible to have a aluminium one? will definately feel and look better compared to a metal/plastic hybrid one.

btw, nice work

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by WS6mro:
The pictures show the Aluminum adapter with O-ring and spacer needed to run a E series or KL1 head on a Brinkmann Legend.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It does look a bit like plastic in the pics but actually it is aluminum according to Matt.

Pat