I wanna play Mad-LED Scientist!

guncollector

Enlightened
Okay, I want to play Mad-LED Scientist...
shocked.gif

So today, I went to Radio Shack today to find some books or manuals on getting started--no luck. Tried the local bookstore--not much either. Hmmm...
confused.gif

Can anybody recommend a book, manual, online vendor I can reference to get started!?!
icon14.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
"Getting Started in Electronics" isn't bad (RS book). Focuses on everything, not just LEDs, but you get the idea.

Surprised they didn't have it! Then again, I was in a Radio Shack the other day--couldn't find a single ham radio book.

carbonsparky

Enlightened
Try radio these Radio Shack items. These are some of their project books by Forrest Mims. #62-5031 might be some help to. I don't know for sure if they are still a stocked item but you might be able to order them from your local Radio Shack. #62-5031 is electronic formulas symbols and circuits. #62-5032 is timers, op amps and optoelectronics (leds, phototransistors and photoresistors).

PsycoBob[Q2]

Enlightened
Go to radio-shack with a full wallet, and order every electronic book by Forest Mims III- you'll eventually use them all. Also grab one of the reusable 'experimental boards' or whatever they're called- they are white plastic, and should be right next to the PCB's. They work great for doing circuit testing. (no hot soldering iron, or heat-damaged components)

Then download a copy of SwitchCad 3, or another electronic design tool- freeware is your friend. (not to mention being LOTS cheaper than buying a few dozen $1.99 parts)