• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired All Sold

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last light from Part 1 of my "There are things I need, things I want, and medical bills to pay first" Light Sale has made it to its new home on the other side of the world so it is time for Part 2.

Let's get to the lights -

Sold1. McGizmo Modded KL4 with Vital Gear FB1 Body
McGizmo modded this KL4 head with a very nice R2H Luxeon driven by a BadBoy400. This combination makes for a nice, white, & bright light with excellent runtime. The KL4 head shows some wear with some HA missing from the sharper edges but still is in very good shape. This particular head has an imperfection in the reflector (shown in the photo below along with the HA wear) but this doesn't affect the beam at all. I literally cannot find any sign of this imperfection in the beam and I am a one of those CPF 'white wall hunters'. Nevertheless, since this one is less than cosmetically perfect, Don originally sold it at a discount (most of these modded KL4s went for $125 without a body) and I will pass these savings on to the new owner.

Price is $95 for the head alone or $120 with the VG FB1 body.
Price is now $90 for the head alone or $115 with the VG FB1 body.

Sold2. TNC Key-Lux "AA" 350mA Light
This light is in the HA Natural finish. This newer version features improvements in brightness, thermal management and reflector design over the original 200 mA light. I was lucky enough to get this light directly from TNC and it is still in mint condition. The machine work on these lights is amazing. They are simply a joy to hold and use.

Price is $110.

Sold3. TNC HA Natural "N" Key-Lux
This is a HA Natural N-cell Key-Lux from the original production run. It is a tiny light with a nice white beam. As is common with HA natural lights, some of the pieces have different tints (as can be seen in the photo below). The light is in excellent "as new" condition and comes with a HA Natural Key-Lux N to AAA Tube which allows the use of AAA batteries. This tube has the properly matching threads for the first run Key-Lux and comes with an extra tailcap.

Price is $120.

My standard sale policies are as follows -
1. A definite unconditional statement of "I'll take it" for the stated price takes precedence over statements of potential interest, questions, or conditional/other offers. This statement of "I'll take it" can be made in this thread or by PM (timestamp will determine who gets first chance at the merchandise). I prefer that offers be made by PM.
2. I prefer Cash PayPal to all other forms of payment but can also accept Credit Card PayPal (I may add a small fee to cover the costs) or USPS money orders.
3. My prices include shipping within the US & Canada. Insurance will cost extra and I am not responsible for lost shipments. Shipping to other countries will probably involve an extra charge to cover the difference in cost which will be determined after shipping method is worked out with the purchaser.

I hope this covers everthing but I am sure that I probably have left something out.

Buy early and buy often,
Pat

Last edited:

Regentag

Banned
Re: McGizmo Mod & TNC Key-Lux Lights

I'll take both TnC Lights (Key-Lux "AA" and "N")

Cheers,

Cobweb Hunter

Newly Enlightened
Re: McGizmo Modded KL4 with VG FB1 Body

How does the mod differ from a a stock KL4 in terms of brightness, beam characteristics, runtime? This would use an RCR123? Okay to just point me to other posts. Thanks.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think it's more suited to run on a stock CR123, but on the whole it should be pretty darn close to a stock KL4 except to the most observant eye..

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cobweb Hunter said:
How does the mod differ from a a stock KL4 in terms of brightness, beam characteristics, runtime? This would use an RCR123? Okay to just point me to other posts. Thanks.
I have made two attempts to reply to this post and both times my browser has frozen. So here comes attempt number 3 and this time without any links, I will post those separately below.

In this mod, referred to as the McL4, McGizmo has changed the driver and the Luxeon from the stock KL4/L4 making this a substantially different light altogether.

The stock KL4/L4 driver is designed to run on 2 x 123's. Some of these will light up on 1 x 123 but the driver will be out of regulation right from the beginning in the so-called moon mode. On 2 x 123's, a L4 will run in regulation for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. With the BadBoy 400 driver, this McL4 should run in regulation for nearly 2 hours on a single 123. The BB driver however should only be run on ~3 volts so no RCR123's. Only a single primary 123 should be used or 2 x AA's, either NiMH or alkaline. The two AA's can be used with this head in a compatible body such as the Vital Gear FB3.

In terms of brightness, the stock L4 driven by 2 x 123's will put out more total light (greater lumens) but the McL4 driven by 1 x 123 will have a brighter hotspot with the corresponding increased throw (greater lux).

Now I'm just going to make this post before I freeze everything up yet again,
Pat

Last edited:

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok, before I could hit enter on this post, my daughter woke up early and angrily from her nap.

In Run-Time Plots by kj, kj shows his runtime plot for a Firefly with a BB400 driving a R4H Luxeon which should have approximately the same runtime as this light.

The L4 runtime is from the Surefire L4 Digital Lumimax Review on www.flashlightreviews.com.

More information from 1x123 Power-Lights Shootout and the really cool Gargantuan Real Life Shootout, including some beamshots and this description by Kiessling, "you want a decent hotspot with throw, a good flood too, an acceptable runtime, all that paired with the most perfect beam you can imagine in a reasonably small package … go harass McGizmo for a McL4 head. You won't regret it."

Just one last note, Kiessling had a BB600 in his McL4 which would be a bit brighter than this one but with a much shorter runtime (approximately half in fact).
Hope this helps,
Pat
PS - I will be attempting to lower the price after entering this post but the way this day is going, it could take an hour or two.

Last edited:

Fringe

Enlightened
Re: McGizmo Modded KL4 with VG FB1 Body (Price Drop)

I will take the Mckl4

Fringe

Enlightened
Re: McGizmo Modded KL4 with VG FB1 Body (Price Drop)

Paypal sent.