digilight 9v lamp in a 2 cr123 body?

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
which batteries would i need to do this? I'm pretty sure this is possible with a specific type of rechargeable batteries... would the brightness be compromised when compared to running the lamp on 3 cr123s? I'm considering putting it into a d2 or 6p body... havent decided which yet. heck, I might go on the cheap and do a G2 body.
thanks

nzgunnie

Enlightened
two rechargeable 3.6v 123s. Not sure on run time as you need to recharge them pretty smartish once the light starts to dim, and I only use mine intermittently, but perhaps 30 minutes?

you will most likely be able to use protected cells with the digilight bulb. I can run my P90 and Digilight 9v on protected cells, but not my G90 (without double clicking).

Last edited:

nzgunnie

Enlightened
I think my 6P currently has my digilight 9v bulb running on 2xprotected 123s.

My P90 is currently body-less as I've got a kl3 on my 9P running on two 17500s.

I also run the P90 on 2x 17500s in my 9P.

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
nzgunnie said:
I think my 6P currently has my digilight 9v bulb running on 2xprotected 123s.

My P90 is currently body-less as I've got a kl3 on my 9P running on two 17500s.

I also run the P90 on 2x 17500s in my 9P.

if you dont mind my asking... how many clicks for the digilight? and if its only one, then what brand are the protected cells? I just ordered batteryspace unprotected for the above project. . .

nzgunnie

Enlightened
One click with the Digilight 9v with two AW batteries. They are quite new (about a month and only recharged a couple of times)

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
LumenHound said:
SGaterboy, take a look at this thread.
thanks for the link. that thread is actually the reason for the revival of my interest in playing with this lamp. but i was specifically looking for exactly which rcr123 batteries would run it best, and how well. sorry if it seems I double posted:oops: .