• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

ARRGH. McE2S isn't working in my KL1/E2d...

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok here goes. I bought a McE2S for the C/P series Surefires a while back and then got the smaller resistor plate to fit in my KL1/E2D. Except it won't come on when tightened down, will only sometimes work when pushing the button or will only come on low. What am I doing wrong?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I assume you just bought the switch module and not the complete switch with shell? What tail cap shell are you using? What is the resistor value? Did you change from the fat O-ring used on the classic application to the smaller O-ring that will fit into the E series battery tube? What jam nut are you using and what retaining O-ring? Does the switch module have the needed travel when retained in the tail cap? Too many questions due to too little information provided?!? :shrug: If you can follow how the switch is supposed to function, this will aid you in determining why it may be failing to function properly.

Sorry but your question brings up questions for me and not any answer.

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
I just took apart one of my McE2S to treat it with some Pro Gold I just bought (I have 4 DIY kits) and without thinking I put it back together with the resistor board upside down.....thought I was hot to trot after putting 4 of them together.

I suggest you do a quick check on your assembly after you switched the 2 resistor boards....rule that out and go from there.

McE2Scutaway.jpg

Bill

Mitfox

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to hijack.
Does anyone knows which resistor will provide around 10 lumens on the low.
I intend attach the tailcap to a KL1/FB2 combi.