I dont figure this is bad for my first led flashlight.

Wylie

Enlightened
I have built my first led flashlight and it is pretty cool.
cool.gif

I have been wondering how or where I can load pictures of it for you folks to see it if you would be interested. I have a picture of the housing that I modified from two knockoff double cell AAA flashlights next to one of the lights I modified it from. I am going to take another to show how much light is emmited from my flashlight when it gets dark tonight.
I cut two of these flashlights to the right lengths and then pressed the two pieces into a brass cylinder and I had a triple AAA cell housing for my flashlight. After I did my soldering work I locked the components up in a Devcon five minute epoxy just leaving the led and negative electrode exposed at the working end and at the other end the positive electrode. It's a pretty clean and rugged construction.
icon14.gif

It is not the super bright lights like you guys are working with, this it is just your off the shelf Radio Smack rig with a super simple circuit.
wink.gif

But get this, I left the batteries in this thing and left it on for at least 48 hours maybe closer to 60. Then I took the batteries out and put new batteries in and I couldn't tell the difference.
confused.gif

Where I messed up is from putting the new batteries in and taking the old ones out to try and see any difference I forgot which batteries were which.
confused.gif
Back to the drawing board with the testing again I guess.
mad.gif
So let me know how to post a picture if you would like to see this thing and I'll try to get it done for you tonight.
wink.gif

Wylie

Enlightened
OOPS! I messed up the title. I meant to type isn't bad for my first led flaslight. First day new keyboard, yeah, and you were born yesterday too right.

Wylie

Enlightened
No worries man I'm just goofing around. If you can't laugh at yourself it is just not right to laugh at other people or something like that anyway I figure.

Darell

Flashaholic
Wylie -

You know there is an edit button at the top of each post, yes? You can just edit the title, and nobody would be the wiser. Why do you think *I* look so darn smart all the time?
smile.gif

Wylie

Enlightened
Son of a gun! I'll get this figured out yet guys. I just hit the quote button a little while ago and figured out how you guys were pulling the quotes off in those neat little boxes.
The worst part of the whole matter is I really goofed up trying to correct myself when I was right in the first place. I cracked myself up good with that little blunder. Yep, a real rib tickler for me. Sorry about taking up the extra space I will try to remember that before I put my foot in my mouth again.

Saaby

Flashaholic
What? You mean this
whip2.gif

Nah we'd never do that to a new member, esp. over something tiny like this...

Wylie

Enlightened
So how would a guy go about posting a picture on this website anyway? I have a composite setup that is less than 10kb of my little project.

Wylie

Enlightened
Okay after my usual screwball antics with new computer concepts I believe I have been able to get this correct. By the way if any moderators get a message from the picture host suggested by Bart just tell them that Wylie didn't have his regular prescribed allotment of coffee this morning. Sorry:) Well here goes, this should turn out to be a link to the picture of my first L.E.D. illuminated flashlight i have built with the help of this forum.:)http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid35/p8171a0a4f92f3b609f11907a9ec75720/fd2fa4d1.jpg.thumb.jpg
Son of a gun it looks like it is going to work.
grin.gif

Wylie

Enlightened
Okay, I am batting thousand this morning. I have tried to change the size of the picture I have posted but it looks as though I better make some more coffee. At first the link was highlighted and after my goofs and it looks as though I have screwballed another posting again. I am having technical difficulties and I will resume being my usual self after the coffee has taken effect. Stand by!