Administrator Roy

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Not sure exactly how much to post, but Roy did give me permission to post here.

Some of you may know that one of our Administrators -"CPF Runtime" Roy- hasn't been present around these halls for awhile. He posted to the staff that he had a bout with cancer and was undergoing some "heavy duty chemotherapy".

He had some complications and we almost lost him. Looks like they got the cancer and he is now in a rehabilitation hospital learning to get back to his ole' self! His mind is well with perhaps a bit of memory loss.

He knows us, carries on a fine conversation and is looking forward to getting back to his hometown in about a week or so. Then he'll go through some additional care/treatment. He told me he thought he would be "home" in about a month.

He currently does not have access to the Internet - but hopefully that will be changing as soon as he gets closer to home.

I do have an address if folks would like to send cards. I won't post it publicly, but will provide that if you PM me. I will immediately delete your PM to keep my PM box numbers down and hopefully we won't clog it up. I'm sure he would like to hear from you - HOWEVER, if you can wait about a week - hopefully he'll have Internet access and you all can send your positive thoughts via emails or even here on the CPF!

Thought you all deserved and update!

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
I had no idea. As a cancer survivor currently taking chemotherapy (on treatment #9 of 12) i know somewhat how it feels.

Prayers and positive thoughts to Roy. :candle:

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I knew Roy was having some health problems, but I didn't know that he had cancer.

Best wishes.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I had no idea that Roy had cancer. Someone may have told me but I also suffer from the memory loss that was mentioned.

I feel just awful. I have been so wrapped up in my own struggles that I nearly forgot that there are others who have it just as bad or worse than myself.

Roy is in my prayers and I hope and pray that he recovers fully and lives a long and healthy life. :candle:

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
hang in there

i know exactaly what he is going throuth i have cystic fibrosis so i have to take treatments every day not very fun but you have to do it

hope you get well soon

David

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
My prayers are sent to him, it is a viscious disease, my wife and I wish him the very best.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Thanks to everyone for their good wishes!

I was not able to move to a rehab center in my home town, so I'm now in a rehab center in Ft Worth. Progress is slow but steady!

As I understand it, most of my recent health problems were triggered by the radition treatments that I receved back in Jan-March. My current problems are due to my kidneys sutting down.....complete kidney failure. I do not remember ANYTHING of the first 5-6 weeks in the hospitals. The ICU doctors gave my mother 50/50 odds that I would make it. Buy the grace of God my kidneys started working again!! I'm on my third treatment location.....currently in the Cityview Care Center room 209B (not a hosptal..it's a rehab center).

This place has two broadband internet computers in the patient common area! Brand new IBM desktops!

Once again...thanks for all you good wishes and prayers....they seem to have worked!

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Roy! It's very good to hear that your kidneys are behaving themselves. :twothumbs: I hope that this trend of improvement continues! :)

Take care.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Hi Roy,

Very good to hear from you. I hope and pray that you continue to heal.
God bless,
Jeff :candle: