Anyone have beam shots of P90 VS. DRB-9VHP

dasanii19

Enlightened
Anyone have beam shots of P90 VS. DRB-9VHP

Im just curious how they compare, also ive been hearing you can adjust the beam on the DRB-9VHP, is this true? if so how do you do that? NEWBIE HERE :sssh:

I thought the DRB-9VHP was a lamp install just like p60-p61-p90-p91?

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
You can adjust the beam on both, just turn the reflector to find the hot spot that suits you and then pop it in the torch. It is not fixed like the surefire lamps.

I doubt there is much if any difference in output between the two lamps, If you have the 175 lumen G&P. ( G&P make quite a few different 9V lamps and other varients with different outputs, and beam patterns.)

It is the efficiency of the "new lamps" that is desireable. 0.8 amps, verses 1.2 amps, this should increase runtime, and stand a good chance of running them on two protected rechargable 123's, without the need for a double tap.

I like small two cell lights like the Vital gear F2. So this looks like a winner for me.

If I liked 3 cell lights, I would have the posssibility of running most lamps Including the P91, safley on protected cells.

But I already have to many things in my pockets so a small High output torch is a must for EDC.

Delvance

Enlightened
No beamshots unfortunately, but i did recently compare my G90 HP to a 9P, and the G90 HP put a fair bit more light. Alot of members using the G90 HP have reported that the light output lies somewhere roughly between P90 and P91. A worthwhile upgrade in a 2 cell body imho. If you can manage to get the new more efficient version, you can run protected LIons too. The older G90 HP/DRB9V-HP mostly don't work with protected 16340s. Not sure about larger size LIons though.