KL1 3-cell adapter wanted

John Frederick

Enlightened
Hey guys, has anyone considered building a 9v tube for the KL1? I'm sure that a short extension has been considered (kind of like an A-19 for the E-series lights) but I want the whole tube made from scratch. I don't have an extra E2 laying around, and I hate to buy a whole light and then just use 1/2 of it. An after market tube would solve this. The tail could be tapped for a kroll switch to make it even more economical.
Are there others interested in this and will someone build it for us?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
John,

I suggested this some time ago and I believe DSpec is making some?

KL1-2xAA.jpg

The long power pak shown in the middle of the pic will house 2xAA, 2xA or 3X123 batteries.
It will also host an Arc LS and the KL1 with either 2xAA or 3x123.

If SureFire ever made an E3E, it would be real sweet.

- Don

duffahtolla

Newly Enlightened
McGizmo,

Where did you pick up that saphire?
smile.gif

I've heard that 22mm was the size to get for a Maglite 2xAA. But I cant find anything even close to 22mm.

The F&B website jumps from 21.0 straight to 24.0 mm.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
duffahatolla,

Frei-Borell stocks the sapphire crystals now in increments of .5 mm. Their web page isn't current. I have bought 220 (22.0 mm) and 225 (22.5 mm) sapphire from them. You can order over the phone: 800-772-3456

- Don

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
Status update on the 3-cell UBH - I tried one last night (Sat night) as a prototype. Looked great, was 85% done, and screwed it up permanently. I'm getting a box full of "prototypes" I've screwed up.
I'll be working on one Monday (it's our Thanksgiving weekend up here), and I hope to have a completed one by the end of the day.

John Fredrick, please email me if you want to order one of these.