Black Moon LTD

Thread: How to carry L1? won't fit sheath

Default How to carry L1? won't fit sheath

Does anybody use the Lanyard plastic piece on the light?

How do you carry the light if it won't fit in a holster?

I bought an L1 with the V82 nylon holster. Surefire should change their offering. I don't see how the L1 will fit into this holster. Maybe it will if I break off the lanyard plastic ring.

Default Re: How to carry L1? won't fit sheath

Quote Originally Posted by jtodd939

I bought an L1 with the V82 nylon holster. Surefire should change their offering. I don't see how the L1 will fit into this holster. Maybe it will if I break off the lanyard plastic ring.
    check out brightguy for some options
    i got lucky because the case from my Nuwai 5 watt LED fits the L1 for front pocket carry.
    OTOH I would NEVER carry it on my belt that way. it's too flimsy etc.
    You can also experiment, based on your funds, with various surplus military carrying cases etc.
    Last edited by tsask; 07-04-2006 at 02:27 PM.

Anybody broken off the lanyard ring on purpose?

Flashaholic*

You don't have to break it off - the two halves snap together and can be separated without damaging the body or ring pieces if you're careful. There are a couple of threads here on how to do it - hopefully the search function is working.
    MD3 | M6CB | Gladius/SSCP4 | A2-HA-WH | A2-HA-YG | A2-BK-WH | Z3/KT2 | M2 | C2 | 6Z | 6P | U2A | K2MS | E2e/KL4 BK | E2DL | E2D | E2L | L2 | Milky ML1/SSCP4 USWOH McR18j | L1-BK-RD | L1-HA-WH | L1-HA-WH Cree | L1-HA-RD | 3P | E1B | E1L | E1E-HA-BK | E1W | 618FA | G2

I'm curious to know if the V21 holster is a good fit for the L1? Also is the bottom part of the holster open, so that the tailcap switch is not activated?

Quote Originally Posted by jtodd939

To answer your questions:
    1. I do; I have a lanyard from Beamhead clipped on there.
    2. Clipped to my pocket or in a Streamlight holster (I prefer pocket).

The lanyard ring is removable.

I took the lanyard clip off; I usually carry it in a pocket or in my backpack to work. If I want to attach a lanyard I slip it around the space the clip used to inhabit and I tighten it. Easy on, easy off, and the clip doesn't interfere with pocket carry (or when I clip it to a cap visor to use as a headlight).

Hope that helps...
    A few favorite lights from: McGizmo, Data, milkyspit, HDS, and Surefire

Flashaholic*

MD3 | M6CB | Gladius/SSCP4 | A2-HA-WH | A2-HA-YG | A2-BK-WH | Z3/KT2 | M2 | C2 | 6Z | 6P | U2A | K2MS | E2e/KL4 BK | E2DL | E2D | E2L | L2 | Milky ML1/SSCP4 USWOH McR18j | L1-BK-RD | L1-HA-WH | L1-HA-WH Cree | L1-HA-RD | 3P | E1B | E1L | E1E-HA-BK | E1W | 618FA | G2

I used the tail lanyard ring on for a long time until just a week or so ago. I removed them from both my L1 and L2 and I find both lights are a lot more comfortable in my hand.

I now use a split ring through the hole in the clip for attaching a neck or wrist lanyard.
    Last edited by Max Brightness; 07-04-2006 at 11:31 PM.
    I have multiple lights for each of Surefire, HDS/Ra/Novatac, Jetbeam, Zebralights, FourSevens, Fenix and some from other manufacturers.
    See my Lights #132