How to carry L1? won't fit sheath

jtodd939

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody use the Lanyard plastic piece on the light?

How do you carry the light if it won't fit in a holster?

I bought an L1 with the V82 nylon holster. Surefire should change their offering. I don't see how the L1 will fit into this holster. Maybe it will if I break off the lanyard plastic ring.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
jtodd939 said:

I bought an L1 with the V82 nylon holster. Surefire should change their offering. I don't see how the L1 will fit into this holster. Maybe it will if I break off the lanyard plastic ring.

check out brightguy for some options
i got lucky because the case from my Nuwai 5 watt LED fits the L1 for front pocket carry.
OTOH I would NEVER carry it on my belt that way. it's too flimsy etc.
You can also experiment, based on your funds, with various surplus military carrying cases etc.

Last edited:

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
You don't have to break it off - the two halves snap together and can be separated without damaging the body or ring pieces if you're careful. There are a couple of threads here on how to do it - hopefully the search function is working.

Ralls

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious to know if the V21 holster is a good fit for the L1? Also is the bottom part of the holster open, so that the tailcap switch is not activated?

greenLED

Flashaholic
jtodd939 said:

To answer your questions:
1. I do; I have a lanyard from Beamhead clipped on there.
2. Clipped to my pocket or in a Streamlight holster (I prefer pocket).

The lanyard ring is removable.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took the lanyard clip off; I usually carry it in a pocket or in my backpack to work. If I want to attach a lanyard I slip it around the space the clip used to inhabit and I tighten it. Easy on, easy off, and the clip doesn't interfere with pocket carry (or when I clip it to a cap visor to use as a headlight).

Hope that helps...

Max Brightness

Enlightened
I used the tail lanyard ring on for a long time until just a week or so ago. I removed them from both my L1 and L2 and I find both lights are a lot more comfortable in my hand.

I now use a split ring through the hole in the clip for attaching a neck or wrist lanyard.

Last edited: