TL-3 issue

davidra

Enlightened
Gave a friend a TL-3. After moderate use, no direct shock that we're aware of, it stopped working. Assumption is a burned out bulb. He tried to replace it, but it seems the bulb won't stay in the socket. It has two pins, but falls out. Now the replacement is loose and rattling around inside the reflector. Anone have any suggestions? Is this a common thing?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Same old problem, and people will offer the same old solution, spread the legs of the bi-pin for tighter fit, but I say either ream out the nylon O ring, that is supposed to center the bulb, or remove the O ring (easily done). The O ring may grab the led when you twist the bezel to focus and pull the legs out of their holes enough to break connection. I have two Stinger's with same setup.

Bill

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, it does happen. Is the fault of that darned little o-ring (possibly, a red one) in the reflector. The o-ring is supposed to center the bulb and provide some shock protection, but it has a slight tendency to grip a bulb and pull it out of the socket when the light is being focused. People bend the pins of the bulb to get it to stay. I've found that straightening the pins works.

Edit: BullzeyeBill's suggestion of reaming out the o-ring sounds like a very smart solution. (he beat me posting)

davidra

Enlightened
Streamlight does offer a warranty, right? Will they do anything about this problem?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight will most likely remedy the situation for you. Check their web site to see if they have a warranty repair station near you. If not, of if your local repair station does not work on that specific light, you might have to send it back to Streamlight, but they're usually very good (and prompt) about their warranty service.

davidra said:
Streamlight does offer a warranty, right? Will they do anything about this problem?

davidra

Enlightened
He took out the O ring and it works fine....that's probably all he needs....thanks everybody.