Mag tool..

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
What tool do I use to get the "ring" out that holds the switch in a c mag?
Is there an easy way?

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
russtang said:
What tool do I use to get the "ring" out that holds the switch in a c mag?
Is there an easy way?

A flat head screw driver. :thumbsup:

MM

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess that must be my problem.

I was born with UAPD.

(under-active-patience-disorder)
missionaryman said:
and a whole lot of patience...

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
is this an old style mag - the ring is a complete circle and is screwed into the barrel? OR new style - a split ring that sits in a slot in the barrel.

for the old stlye - I was able to get the ring out with a pair of needle nose pliers -

the new style - a screwdriver to pry it loose from the slot.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
ksbman said:
You don't need to take the split ring out to remove the switch. The switch comes out the bottom.

absolutely true - I thought he wanted to get the ring out - The question was how to remove the ring, not the switch.

Also - to remove the switch - new or old style - you need an allen wrench that goes through the pushbutton to loosen the contact point. That is what makes the negative path for the bulb.

Last edited:

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
will said:
absolutely true - I thought he wanted to get the ring out - The question was how to remove the ring, not the switch.

Also - to remove the switch - new or old style - you need an allen wrench that goes through the pushbutton to loosen the contact point. That is what makes the negative path for the bulb.

Ahh yes! If indeed he's trying to get the switch out then the allen wrench is what he needs.

If you look at Modamag's tutorial for building a Tri-Lux you will see how to disassemble it.

If you are disassembling it to send to me then you need to take the ring out as well. After you get the switch out it's much easier to get the ring out with a flathead screwdriver.

MM

Last edited: