Got that UX0K star in my G&P 3W drop in....

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not pretty, but it works fine. Nice white tint! An odd thing about this setup is that the star adds height to the base assembly which means the bezel won't screw down all the way. Its about an 1/8th of and inch from closing. I put an o-ring in the gap, doesn't look too bad.

I am concerned about heat though. From what I understand the stock emitter is a SYxx. Will this UX0K put out more heat? If so, would it be better to put it in a 6P? If I put it in a 9P will it be brighter or just longer runtime?

wquiles

Flashaholic
I would not expect more heat, but it depends what type of regulator you have in there. I have modded these modules in the past, but I don't recall if it uses a constant current regulator or not :candle:

Will

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am really impressed about how white this is... I put my new KL1 up against and it looked downright yellow-greenish next to the UX0K...

I'm also wondering how much runtime it will get - more or less?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would say the runtime would be the same... if not better. the reason u-bins are so good is because they are more effecient... if you buy a U-bin you still have that luxeon lottery to play.

-David

grnamin

Enlightened
KDOG3, did you have a Luxeon III star in the drop-in to begin with or did it have an emitter? Just curious. Nice job on the mod. :thumbsup:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
No it had the emitter. I may give this one to my parents ( I gave them a 6P ) and do another one....