Acebeam

Thread: got cought 'naked' last week

Sigh got cought 'naked' last week

well, not THAT kind of naked..

Last week my wife and I went out for the evening (left the boys at home, 11yr old is certified red cross). We played some tennis, then went to one of the small local bars for a while. Later we were sitting on a park bench on the main intersection when a car waiting at the stoplight did what EVERY flashaholic waits for. Out of the sunroof came a spotlight (very lame one at that) and spotted us. Apparentally the teens thought we would be embarassed...
    Now, normally I have many lights on me..
    dorcy 1xAA with a 14500 DD at 1.2A with a TXOL (very bright)
    m@g AAA with a SMJLED
    ARC AAA clone
    mini arc clone
    and a pico
    Last 3 are on my keys

Well, as my wife drove and I had just changed, I HAD NOTHING.
    I just sat there slapping my pockets feeling naked

Since then I have promised my wife that will NEVER happin again. I just got a m@g D belt holder for my U bin cut mag (1.3A). And I HOPE to run into those kids again. I normally would NEVER shine ANY of my lights at a car, HOWEVER, a stopped car that 'started it' I think I could make an exception.

ANY other stories like this to share????

Jeff
    "We cannot learn from one another, until we stop shouting at one another, until we speak quietly enough, so that our words can be heard, as well as our voices." R.M.Nixon 1969

Default Re: got cought 'naked' last week

sig irony?

yea, probably should change that.....
    "We cannot learn from one another, until we stop shouting at one another, until we speak quietly enough, so that our words can be heard, as well as our voices." R.M.Nixon 1969

I was picking my wife up from her work at a club when I saw a green light flashing in my general direction. I thought, "OK, you wanna play?" So I flashed him back with a 140 lm red LED Aleph that I have. He was in awe. Later I talked to him. He was just hailing a taxi for a patron with the green light when I pounded him with a very bright spot in his face.

Opps.

I've also been the flasher in a couple of instances and had been 'returned fire'. I always wonder if they were members of CPF.

Jeff
    Time to upgrade the dinosaurs, one at a time.

I was at the park on the 4th and some kid was messing around with a stock Thor. (I ID'ed it at one glance by the beam and reflector size. I was quite proud of myself).
    I was gonna flash him back with my EDC (modded L1P), but there's no way it can compare to the thor. If only I had my Mag11. At least it would be closer to fair. *sigh*
    Got busted lights? Send me a PM and depending on the situation, I'll take 'em off your hands. I always like a good modding challenge.

I was @ the MGM Grand in Las Vegas about 3 weeks ago and found a seurity guard flashing his light. To get his attention (umm may have been a little intoxicated lol) I flashed my Q-3... 20 minutes of flashlight talk later I think I had made a new friend and also gave him a great story to tell. I think it'll go something like this...

"So then this nut job pulls out a bright LED light....."