Is there enough material for boring an M3

hburner

Enlightened
The answer is YES! I just got through boring out my new SF M3 and it came out just fine!

The reason tried I this one was that a brand new set of 17500 was runing it at full brightness with MN11 for 20 min. and diminishing after that for another 5 min, using unprotected cells I cut it off after that.

I wanted a little more runtime with the MN11 so I wanted to try the 18500, not that much more capacity in those cells but every little bit helps.

I got my hands on an adjustable reamer and if not for that I probably would have never tried it. Giving room to take a little off, check out the light, and then take a little more off. I kept this up unitl an 18500 would slide right through, almost, it still needed a little help. But some of the 18500s will go right through, varience in the cells diameters.

Now I need a new set of good quality 18500s and see what kind of runtime increase I get!!!!!!! A noticeable amount more than the 17500s I hope!

Just wanted everybody to know that there is enough stock to do this mod if you want, hburner!

Last edited: