Incredible color and finish--wish it were mine

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just have to share this KI-T with everyone. I've seen a lot of nicely made lights, but I've never had the pleasure to see as exquisite a finish as there is on this KI-T. I recently purchased this from a Japanese collector/manufacturer--it is described as Hard Anodized Blue, which it is. What is extraordinary about it is the smoothness of the surface--it feels like a pearl, silky smooth and comforting to the touch.

KI-T-HABlue.jpg

I have sent an inquiry off to Japan, hoping to learn more about the techniques used in anodizing the light.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beautiful light. I think that at least part of the goodness in the finish is that it appears that the gnurling was done to prevent the little issues knurling sometimes presents with ha.

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
The finish on that appears to have the same smoothness as the Fivemega 2C light I recently had in my possesion. I would like to know how that finish is accomplished too. I think it is some kind of coating that is applied over the anodizing but I'm not sure. Maybe Fivemega can shed some light (no punn intended) on the subject? :laughing:

MM

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the anodizing is done in Japan, as I had expected. It is six times more expensive than HAIII Natural!! Ouch.

Now if only I could speak Japanese--I'd be on the phone tomorrow to get some Groovy!s done. Well, I do know at least one guy that speaks English and Japanese well, so he may get the call. :D

Latest posts