Looking for Groomsmen Gifts

Catman10

Enlightened
Hi All,
I'm getting married in a month and am looking to get some LED flashlights as gifts for my groomsmen. I've been considering something like a Fenix or Jetbeam, but am open to other options. I do not have either of these lights, as I tend to collect higher end lights. I'm looking for something that will be impressive to non-flashoholics (well, until they get the lights at least). I'm also looking to spend around $40-60US, will need to order 5 of them, and will need to have them shipped to Canada. I would have liked to get them some raw ns's, but those are too much. I would also like the option of a gift box, if possible. Does anyone have any suggestions (including where to get them) based on these criteria?
Thanks,
Brice

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd call up Peak and ask them to engrave some of there lights for you and your groomsmen. I'd personally go with getting them Peak Pacifics engraved with there names. (if they would be willing to do it for your wedding)

doug

hsjrev

Newly Enlightened
ACMarina said:
L0P comes in a giftbox, I think.. I'd go with that or the L1P myself..

I've given L1P's as gifts and guys love them. Most non-flashaholics aren't going to be too happy with something that runs on CR123's or some exotic battery but the AA or AAA Fenix lights are great.
Also ARC AAA premium is nice for $40.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd go with the Peak lights in stainless. Something shiny. Practicality aside, shiny stuff always makes for better gifts.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm getting a laser engraving machine next week.
The Fenix P1 black is a VERY nice light. The black anodization
is a nice contrast for the engraving.

email me :)

[email protected]

David18

Newly Enlightened
I would be afraid that a non-flashoholic would think that flashlights are not a big deal and would fail to appreciate them.

Last edited:

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll add what I bought my Groomsmen...

1 Victorinox keychain SAK with the ball point pen, scissors, nailfile, blade, and red LED light.
1 Craftsman cordless electric screwdriver.
1 Roll Duct Tape.

Heh heh. I think if your friends know you, they'll appreciate it. Any guy worth his salt understands the value of very cool gadgets.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
81161869-M.jpg

done :D

Pila_Power

Enlightened
Cool! I got my boys a mag AA each - all were purple with a dropin pill and kroll.

They were well recieved and became their most used lights and are talked about for their practicality. :)

I got one the same for myself so I could be included and later decided to have mine HAIII anodized...which melted the light. :(

Made for a cheap lternative, looked good and was a personal touch as they all knew I was a bit of a light-freak. :)

Most important of all the lights you get: Make sure they run on standard batteries that are readily available to the general shmoe.

Good luck - I found it very exciting and rewarding to give those lights as groomsmen gifts - I hope you get as much pleasure out of yours.

Enjoy the BIG day!! It'll fly on past very quickly!

Tim.

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
David18 said:
I would be afraid that a non-flashoholic would think that flashlights are not a big deal and would fail to appreciate them.

This happens from time to time. That is why I always recommend lights/gifts that use easy to find common batteries. A non-flashoholic is not likely to spend $1-3 on a battery for their flashlight, even if they got the light as a gift. On the other side of the coin sometimes you get lucky and can convert a "normal" person into being a flashoholic by giving them an awesome light.

dim

Enlightened
As it's my most recent flashaholic purchase and my current EDC, I've become enamored with the Inova X5. It's an excellent near field flashlight and is a very nice tactile size. HA is nice, of course. As the X5 costs $35 at Target and as low as $28 online, a dozen or so CR123s can be added to each gift and still keep you within budget. The X5 comes packaged with a pair of CR123s.

UnknownVT has some good "practical" beamshots comparing his Inova X5 and Fenix L1 v2.5 HERE.

dim

Catman10

Enlightened
Hi KingSmono,
Thanks. I think that they look good, but haven't recieved them yet. So far, 4Sevens has been great to deal with and I would recommend him for those considering this in the future. I had debated getting something with readily available batteries as well, but thought that I would just throw in several of my own CR123's. If they end up going through 3 sets, they will likely be flashaholics by then!
Thanks,
Brice

greenLED

Flashaholic
Pila_Power said:
Cool! I got my boys a mag AA each - all were purple with a dropin pill and kroll.

They were well recieved and became their most used lights and are talked about for their practicality. :)
I'm glad to hear that! ;) (sorry about your melted light, though)