Question about Lionheart...

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all!

I am very happy that I finally get to own a Lionheart, this light has eluded me for years!, when I am about to buy one always something comes up to spoil the fun, Car problems, repairs, medical emergencies, tickets, etc. :awman:

Yesterday, the stars aligned just right to let the good vibes flow and finally got to buy a HA one from Msaxatilus, it's on my way here as I write this. Can't wait to get it. I already downloaded the manual for it. :rock:

I also ordered a UXOJ star from Photonfanatic, how do I change the luxeon on the LH? I googled and searched here and on CPF and could not find a single photo of the inside of the LH head, I think I read somewhere that the star is being held by a screw and some thermal compound on the back. Anyone has a picture of it? Instructions on how to replace it?

Also I read about the chameleon current regulated board being compatible with the LH, will this board work with a UXOJ? how easy or hard is it to replace the LH board with the Chameleon board? instructions? pics? Can I buy just the chammie board?

Thanks all for your help!

AlexGT

StanTeate

Enlightened
I changed my star on my LH to U bin. What I did.
1. verify the + and - solder points.
2. used solder iron to warm solder on the + and - wire leads and lift wire off of star.
3. star was snug so I used a small screwdriver to pry up the old star, CAREFULLY.
4. Placed new star in same orientation paying attention to the + and - solder points. Take care to make sure the wires go throught the same slots as the previous star. You might want to place some thermal grease on the back of the star and press the star on securely.
5. resolder the + and - wires to solder points on the star.
6. Verify LH fires up.
You might try asking the man himself at the flashlightforum just to be sure.

Rudi

Enlightened
Be aware that the lowest setting on the LionHeart is MUCH dimmer than on the Cham. The other settings are spaced similarly in both lights.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Stan for the instructions, will be careful and take pics just to make sure I put it back the way it was.

What I like about the chammie board is that it is current regulated, not sure how the stock LH will perform, if it doesn't noticeably dim during its useful runtime I might just leave it stock. I love regulated lights! We'll see what happens

AlexGT