Just bought an E2D

jmateer

Newly Enlightened
Well, I broke down today and bought a Surefire E2D from Calvin at Bright Flashlights. I also got a Z61 tailcap for it. Stay tuned for a stock E2D tailcap for sale!

Paladin

Enlightened
Calvin is great to deal with, and his prices on Surefire lights are very competitive.

But hold off on selling that tailcap, I just called Surefire to get a replacement for my Z61 which failed stuck in the "on" position after a week or two's use. At least it could still be used as a crude "twisty". Now I wonder if a spare tailcap should be kept on hand, but with Surefire parts readily available I'll probably wait to see if another failure occurs.

Bet you'll love the E2D, the Executive series lights are sweet.

Paladin

cobra-ak

Newly Enlightened
I would wish they would make a KL1 or KL4 type head with a strike bezel.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
welcome to CPF, jmateer, why dontcha stay awhile!

great choice, the Elite series are flexible and bright and small torches. what else could you want (oh, there's a lot more you could want!)? I have mine set up with the streamlight strion mod that frisco speaks of, and it's a great addition!

welcome again,
daloosh

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
frisco said:
PM sent.

Look for the fivemega lamp kit for rechargable use! nice!!!

frisco

I'm going to 2nd this suggestions. There's a possibility of a 3rd run int he group buy section. Go to the "closed" sale of the 2nd run and post that you would like a third run. That will get things moving. We've got maybe 30 requests already.

Big Bob

Newly Enlightened
Illum_the_nation said:
isn't the strike bezel screwed on?

I've never tried to remove the strike bezel from my E2D, but I believe that you are correct. I seem to recall in a post a while back that a member had removed his.

BTW Paladin, I have two Z61's, the one that I put on the E2D and the other that came on the E2E HA BK. I guess that I just got good ones since neither has given me any grief at all. Hope that you do better with the replacement from SF.