made myself a new keychain light after my garage clearout...

copiertech

Newly Enlightened
I`ve been thinking the wow factor of my orb raw has been wearing off, i`m left thinkink i could use something a wee bitty more brighter on my keychain, and today i was having a garage clearout and i came across a £1.99 torch that uses one of those daft, expensive rectangular 6v batteries and a pr blub, a cordless 18v drill with a burnt out motor, and an automotive hid ballast i had modded to run at 50 watts. i didn`t think much of it at the time but afterward when i was unwinding with a few beers i harnessed the awesome power of "stellavision" to come up with the idea for my new keychain edc. the drill had 15 1200mah nicd cells, i used 13 to get 15.6v, and i hed to make a hole in the back of the torch which i will waterproof later as the battery pack is too long with the ignitor on the back of the bulb but its immense! the brighness is amaziingf! i have only played with it a wee bit as the battery pack wasnt charged for a while and i dont want to go charging homemade batteries whilst im drunk but hopefully i`ll get it charged tommorow and do a runtime test, hopefully itll outdo the raw.
whats the best way to charge 13 nicds in series? i was thinking set my lab psu to 16.5v and set the curnet limit to around 250 mah and leave it a few hours? any suggestions?
pics: click for bigger, sorry fo quality using my phone. las one i had to set exposure setting dark as possible as it was just a white screen otherwise

copiertech

Newly Enlightened
i`m happy with it for my first modded light, i`m gonna go off to maplins at the weekend and buy a couple of enclosures the right size to tidy up the back and bottom a bit. :rock:
nice sig! :laughing: