StarLux TripleStar, by Elektro Lumens

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put together a triple Luxeon Star StarLux flashlight tonight. Super bright!
grin.gif

StarLux.TripleStar.1.jpg

StarLux TripleStar

Wayne J.

hartage

Newly Enlightened
As usual I'm freaking jealous of your projects and wish I could afford them
smile.gif
So many talented guys here in so many different fields.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa! Bright! Very bright. Niccccccccccce......
[twidles his thumbs]...

Sort'a makes me wonder what can be possible with a reflector the size of the maxabeams or that of a regular spotlight... talk about "projected beam"...

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice work, Elektrolumens!

The mounting baffle you're using looks very interesting indeed - very unlike other mods out there. Is is custom made?

And how was it aligning the optics to get optimum focus - there are 3 of them there! Kinda reminds me of what is like to balance a twin-carb engine...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
come on wayne! you can't just flaunt a new light with out measurements and beamshots...

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hotfoot, Rothrandir,

This is the StarLux flashlight I sell. I made a heat sink plate, which sits in the head. I carefully placed 3 emitters so the optics would all fit in nicely, drilled holes for the wires, and soldered each emitter. I poured an epoxy mix in to secure the place, and possibly help sink the heat a bit better. The lens is the lens which comes with the flashlight, which presses in. I recently purchased a shop floor press, without which I could not do this mod.

The 3 lights align perfectly into one beam, just the same as the other double and triple LS mods I've done. It draws about 1.5 amps. (Note: The current is divided evenly between each emitter, so each emitter pulls about 500mA). I measured 1170 lux. This is not a tiny hot spot, but a flood of light. I assume it would be at least 60 lumens. It should be 6.75 watts of light. All I can say is it is bright.

Beamshots? Well, I finished up last night about 1:00am, and didn't feel up to doing beamshots.

I plan to put it up on eBay today.

Should this be a flashlight I offer for sale on a regular basis?

Wayne J.
www.elektrolumens.com

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
sounds like a good idea, but as everything else, i suppose it all comes down to what it will cost...

if you do start selling them...send me one to review!

lightuser

Newly Enlightened
Wayne,
It's a winner, man! Battery load vs. beam spread vs. lumens vs. parts cost is simple fabulous, just great. I have been thinking along these lines for quite a while. In fact it may be THE ideal utility and survival combination. Personally I am doing the same thing but with 6AA's. You're going to be quitting your day gig after this one!
smile.gif
What's the mix on that epoxy, if I may, it looks so white, and what do you need a drill press for on it?