Replacing LEDs in Inova X5

Pirow

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to torches, infact out of the few I have the Inova is the most expensive/high end, but I know you lot know what you're doing so I thought it might be worth posting here.

I've had an Inova X5 with blue LEDs for a while now and I'd love to be able to replace the blue LEDs with white LEDs and I was wondering how doable it is and if anybody has a guide for it (or if anybody's willing to mod it for me). Looking at the X5 I can't see any obvious way or getting at the LEDs, but looking around it seems that it is possible to open it up so it seems that replacing the LEDs should be possible too.

Any ideas?

Cheers

David

Illum

Flashaholic
Hello! Weolcome to CPForums :wave:

X5 is a magnificant light, I started out my flasholicism from an Inova XOWT

Im not a modder, but...
Try surfing over to the B/S/T [buy/sell/trade] area of the forum and post new thread on want to trade X5 blue for X5 white
theres a shortcut to the trade section [if your unfamiliar with the forum at the minute]
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=67

Good luck

<---I dont know about modding, I just use lights as they come...I could use a X5...preferrably white

carrot

Flashaholic
You can open it using the "freeze pop" method, where you fill the light with water and throw it in the freezer... but this is at your own risk, some people have damaged their lights this way. I recommend you search for some threads on the method since I've never done it myself. Never felt a need to.

Pirow

Newly Enlightened
Sorry I forgot about this thread:banghead:

carrot said:
You can open it using the "freeze pop" method, where you fill the light with water and throw it in the freezer... but this is at your own risk, some people have damaged their lights this way. I recommend you search for some threads on the method since I've never done it myself. Never felt a need to.
I'd rather not risk the "freeze pop" method, but even if I did my electronic skills probably wouldn't be good enough to know which kind of LEDs would make suitable replacments :|