JAG LIGHT

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regarding the Jag Light.

shoplifestyle_1714_5366483

I purchased some 3AAA batteries, and put them in and tried them out. The first thing is, they used the crumby greenies, also know as the pea-greens, or puke green, emitter. Ugly color when used with collimators!

However, it seems to be running at specs. It is very bright for a small light like this. If there is circuitry in it, it would be a buck-boost regulator. They say, "InGon semiconductor flip chip and Silicon sub-mount chip".

(Light measurements from 1 meter)
Lux measurement is about 277 lux. The StarLux measures 560 lux. The TripleStar measures 1270 lux, and the QuadStar I just finished, measures 1480 lux! Just for comparison.

The Jag Light is probably at 15 - 18 lumens. The StarLux is probably 25 - 27 lumens, etc. The TripleStar is probably about 60 lumens, and the quad is probably 70 - 80 lumens. I'm just guestimating.

I like this Jag Light. It's just the right size. However, I don't think it is worth the $49.99 I paid for it.

Wayne

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well,

I plan to remove that 'greenie', and replace it with a nice new white emitter. I might use a Lambertian, maybe not. I'll also replace the older optics with new optics.

Too bad. They came so close to having a nice light. I really like the size. With a little 'massaging', this can be a nice light.

Wayne

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Any feel yet on how long those AAA's will last?
I broke mine before I got a chance to find out. I almost had the led centered up and went back for one more try, and had the lens come off in my hand. Still worked untill I tried to clean the face of the led. THAT'S a no,no! Check Craig's web site for a review that he did just before he got sick.

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Roy:
I broke mine before I got a chance to find out. I almost had the led centered up and went back for one more try, and had the lens come off in my hand. Still worked untill I tried to clean the face of the led. THAT'S a no,no! Check Craig's web site for a review that he did just before he got sick.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I plan to remove the ugly P... green emitter, and replace it with a nice white one, and use new optics.

I read the review. Thanks for the tip.

Wayne

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Roy:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I would say they will last a few hours? I like the size of the light. With a little larger diameter, they could have used AA's, and that would have been trick!

Wayne J.
www.elektrolumens.com

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using this light for a while now. I have to say I like the size, and the emitted light is useful. Perhaps once they correct the color of light problem, it would be quite nice. I will be mounting a Lambertian Luxeon Star, with new optics, in this light. Then this light will be a really nice light.
grin.gif
I would still take this light, anyday, over a 2D incandesent flashlight.

Wayne J.